My RJC Experience......LONG POST

Coltsfan1

I recently purchased a 3" crossover system from rjc. This decision was after doing alot of research on this sight and after speaking with Jason personally. I feel my mechanical skills are decent but I'm not expert. Upon arrival I was initially disappointed on how the system was packaged. Several small dents on the muffler and the passenger tail pipe bracket looked like it had been ran over. Keep in mind the entire system was in 1 box and the muffler was only wrapped in bubble wrap. The old exhaust was removed along with the gas tank as I was doing a fuel pump upgrade and this was helpful giving me much more room to work. I also have a lift which was huge help. I feel sorry for the members that have done this on the ground. I followed the instructions and started at the front and worked back. I found a huge issue with the inlet pipe that went over the axle into the top of the muffler. The flange on the muffler was several inches shorter than the other 2 for the tail pipes. This made it extremely difficult or impossible to use a clamp. Then more issues with the tail pipes. The drivers side was hitting the bottom of the rear quarter and the passenger side was approx 3/4" down from the rear quarter. When looking at the brackets that were welded they were way off. The passenger side was welded on the upper 1/3 of the pipe and the driver side was in the middle. I had to fab a spacer to keep the 2 pipes at the same distance from the rear quarter lip. I ended up using a cutoff from a 1/2 black gas pipe and welded a washer to each end. The washer kept the bolt (longer one) in place. Once all was mocked up I used the clamps and tacked with a mig welder. I will be welding completely at my buddies shop as he is set up to weld stainless. I don't think I will have any hitting issues as im approx 1/2" plus all around. Even tho I was pissed with the packing-damage and fitting issues I was REAL happy with the sound. I als
Screenshot_20170221-124431.png
Screenshot_20170221-124401.png
o spoke with Jason and expressed the above. I also gave him a suggestion to add spacers for the tail pipes. For the money was initially disappointed but the sound corrected that for me. I hope my long write up and pics can help someone in the future. Next on the list is body fillers and tint..........

I had one of the original ATR 3" crossflow systems and it had the same issues with the tail pipes. I hated the drone with that system. Hopefully the improved RJC system takes care of the drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome. I would like to know about the drone with this system. As stated above the ATR system had a bad drone at about 75 mph. Test pipe back exhaust is on my list but I really don't want the excessive drone while cruising down the highway. Very interested in your feedback about any drone.

Hopefully Jason was receptive, he has been good to me. Sound clip for us?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reference the drone......I don't really care. Everything I've owned....crotch rockets, vettes, and diesel trucks I've always changed the exhaust. My hopes were to help others with their install. I'll let you know tho how loud it is for sure. For some reason my sound bite won't attach.

I love my 4" there is a lot less drone then my 3" system imo

Had her out last Friday. Had the exhaust welded by my buddy that is set up for stainless. I don't like clamps. Anyways took her for some drive time and was impressed how quite it was when cruising. When bitching to my buddy who runs a speed shop about the exhaust he laughed and said welcome to aftermarket exhaust installs. I'd do it again. Love the look , love the sound at idle , love the quietness cruising. Here's a pic getting her clamp free.....peace out yall
20170303_083327.jpg

I recently just installed the same exhaust and i can agree it was a pain to put on. Some have had luck with it and others not so much. Although i did not have instructions i was told to start from the back then work forward. there was no way anything was going to fit working from the front to the back. On top of that i didnt have the stock muffler hanger in place at the time. Not sure if you have that or not.

Look at my pics. My instructions said front to back. That's what I did. I have heard that others went back to front as well. After all that crap I'm glad I went with it. I love the sound.

Well looks like that worked for you. I started back to front and it worked out ok. Just a few hrs laying on my back.. i agree, i like the sound of the system. And its so quiet till you slam on the gas. Highly recommend this system if your up for the challenge.