My recently finished car 87 GN

buttonfly

The stable....
I would first like to thank my wife, my buddy Ty, Bobsrare6, and Quick6'n' K.C. for their local help, and parts. Also to this board and its supporting vendors. That being said I got out of the Mustang crowd a couple of years ago, when I had a chance to buy my uncle's 87 gn. He was the cool uncle with all the toys as I was growing up. Anyhow I couldn't resist the oppurtunity to get my hands on the car. When I picked it up in Tennesse it had been sitting for about 4 years. It was all there but it needed some tlc. The paint is original, and it is starting to check. It had the usual paint blemishes, a few chips and scrathes. The drivers door has some dings, which I will have a paintless dent removal guy try to take out as many as he can. I replaced all the seals on the car (i.e. door, t-top....etc) with GM. I added a te44, thdp, 009's, spearco stretch stock, alky, hot wired walbro, 1 3/8 bar, lowers with adjustable uppers, and all the related goodies. I tried to keep that old school look because thats what turned me on about the car when I first saw it. It has the kenne bell front scoop with fresh air kit, hood mount f/p gauge, and of course the draglites with big and skinnies. The car gets looks everywhere it goes and it is a blast to drive. I still have quite abit of tuning left to do, but in due time she'll be exactly what I want. A fun cruiser, that can represent my generation. Just like our dads with their muscle cars, it represents the time when in my life when I became very interested in cars! Well, thats the story behind me and my GN. I hope I didn't bore any of you, but I'm sure we can all relate to what continues to drive us towards these cars! Thanx

Attachments

• gn 001.jpg
    gn 001.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 963
  • gn 003.jpg
    gn 003.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 944
  • gn 007.jpg
    gn 007.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 952
  • gn 009.jpg
    gn 009.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 955
  • gn 012.jpg
    gn 012.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 940
pics

Just a few more pics

Attachments

• gn 011.jpg
    gn 011.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 934
  • gn 014.jpg
    gn 014.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 933
  • gn 015.jpg
    gn 015.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 925
  • gn 002.jpg
    gn 002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 930
That is a very nice car. It's really good to be able to keep it in the family, too. The interior is extra nice, as is the engine compartment. Keep up the good work!

intercooler

It is a spearco that was made for the turbo buicks. I have only seen 2 others. It didn't come with hardware or brackets but I didn't care. I made everything that I needed for mount up. Its 19 row bar and plate design. It is a very nice piece. I actually bought it from a member here through e-bay. thank you very much.

Like you I was a mustang guy until a couple of years ago. You're car looks great.:D I think we made the right decision.
Rico

Looks great!!! Hope to meet you sometime soon, since i live in Topeka. I havent made a trip to Olathe for a looong time. Wouldnt mind to do that, see a few old friends, and maybe see a GN too :wink: :cool:

Glad there's more TRs around these parts!

-Adam