My rear seat brace is gone!!!

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
I just came in from the garage. I took out both cushions to my back seat, pop open the trunk and take down the trunk carpet panel. I'm sitting in the trunk figuring out where these braces bolt to:confused: :confused:

I knew there was a picture of an installed kit in postons so I get my catalog and flip to the picture. Right there I realize that i'm missing the center rear brace for the seat! I look up by the speaker deck and sure enough the damn thing looks like it was ripped out! I check the bottom of it by the trunk floor and put my fingers back there and the bottom was ripped out too:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

so now I have a rear seat brace kit with no way to mount it up.

any ideas of what do to??

-Brad-

some jackass probably locked the keys in the car and ripped the trunk all to hell instead of calling a locksmith.

i think you may be hosed for installing an off the shelf brace kit,but i'd be willing to bet you could build your own that bolts up to existing sheetmetal.

pics?

later,sean

I would bring it to someone you can trust that does collision work that could fabricate something there for you.You could use this as an opportunity to make the car even stronger yet if it is fixed right.Maybe put something a little thicker there and have them weld it all up real niceincluding the brace you bought, Or you could get another piece from the junk yard regal and replace it with a factory piece.I used to get weird pieces for my 70 Z that were no longer available by drilling all of the spot welds out and carfully pursuading it with too much force you could fix it good enough so it looks factory.

I've got a digital camera....I'll go take a few pics and see if I can post 'em.

I'll try to have them up in an hour

Salvage yard

I think I'd do like Turbobuicksix suggest. It wouldn't have to be real pretty since not many people will see it. If theirs a do it yourself yard around just pick one the back seat has been removed and go for it. A large drill bit for the spot wells on the junker but, you need to be careful when removing whats left of yours. You'll need material to weld to.

Brad get in touch with Jimmer Kline at go fast productions, he had to weld ours and the sheet metal around it (had the rear seat brace and just the few passes we made with the car they ripped almost right through where they attached) he's the only person I would trust around here. If you need a number email me.