my on going engine problem!!

butternut Ttype

I finally found out why me car is running bad it won't idle on it's own so I have to hold it at 1500 rpm with my scaner it is showing no codes but one thing I saw out of the ordinary is the timing at 1500 rpm is 50 degrees and if you give it a little throttle it will go higher I wonder if my new bhj balancer has the trigger wheel on wrong what do you all think??:confused:

sounds like a good place to start, on many of the engines we build (mostly v8's w/ distributors) it dumbfounds us how many people can't set the timing and bring it to us say it doesn't run quite right, we will set the timing for them after seeing how wrong it is and they cant believe what a difference timing can make, there's nothing saying your balancer was "right" again i'd start there!

I finally found out why me car is running bad it won't idle on it's own so I have to hold it at 1500 rpm with my scaner it is showing no codes but one thing I saw out of the ordinary is the timing at 1500 rpm is 50 degrees and if you give it a little throttle it will go higher I wonder if my new bhj balancer has the trigger wheel on wrong what do you all think??:confused:

Don't rule out the sensor itself ;)

Are they AC Delco? I got a brand new napa one and the car still had a bad miss in a certian range. I went to replace the module for the third time and figured I would get an ac delco crank sensor. I did the module first. Still had the miss. Put the new crank sensor and the problem was gone.

Just some info to digest this may or may not be the problem.

Good Luck!:biggrin:

Rick

yes I did bhj put the trigger wheel on the balancer wrong I guess now we will see how good of a company they are about fixing the problem thanks for all the info