bought mine awhile ago, and according to my mechanic , they bolted right-up
......of course the engine was on a stand. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 173
I used these with my TA Headers ------->

HHg2.jpg

HEADER HEAD FLANGE Gasket; Due to the overwhelming success of our other milam gaskets.,we use the same MILAM Laminate PSS130 material on this gasket. This gasket goes between the head and header. We specifically designed this gasket to provide a leak proof seal. These gaskets have larger ports for ported aluminum heads but are not too big so they work great with stock unported iron heads. They are clearanced for all head bolt holes even stage 2 bolts so they do not get in the way when retorqueing the head bolts.
Again this adds up to the ultimate gasket.
Part# RJC-HHF $45 set of 2

Gaskets :tongue:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I have a set of the stainless TA headers - no problems with the flanges or the gaskets they provided. I have a set of the RJC gaskets if issues do arise.

The only issue I had was the crossover - had to cut a little out of the slip joint to get it to align with the collectors - it's still tight but it fits. Nice headers overall but for the price you don't expect to have to cut and bang on them to get the fit right. At least they are made in the USA.

Thats why I wanted to see some pics of the flanges. Sounds like the same problem that I had. The welds cut into the flange making them impossible to seal. IMO header gaskets are a band aid on a turbo motor. They will fail.

It's a shame this issue has not been addressed. They look real nice until you try and get them to seal.

Hey whats up Rick:D Just from experience I have always run the Felpro 1400 gaskets on my setups where I was running 30 psi of boost on medium sized turbos and never had a gasket blow out. I've always had trouble with NOT using a gasket. Seems to me metal on metal is not a good thing. Nothing is 100% perfect even new and even if they are perfect, they will not stay perfect over many heat cycles and time. I don't know why the factory didn't use gaskets but you have to remember that the factory also left out 3 or 4 lower body bushings to save cost so it wouldn't surprise me if the factory left out header gaskets on purpose to cut costs. Can't always agree with what GM did to these cars:D But this is just my opinion.

I'll probably get a set of TA headers for my 86 if and when I ever get a job:mad:

Thats why I wanted to see some pics of the flanges. Sounds like the same problem that I had. The welds cut into the flange making them impossible to seal. IMO header gaskets are a band aid on a turbo motor. They will fail.

It's a shame this issue has not been addressed. They look real nice until you try and get them to seal.

Not sure how many sets of these headers you have installed, but I have installed MANY with different gaskets, and they have been good down into the low 8's in many cases. We would not run a race car W/O header gaskets, iron head or alum.

You are entitled to your opinion on using gaskets ,and these headers, but is is a limited opinion, unless you have experience with them on lots of turbo cars?:confused: As far as the TA/AZGN headers, there are hundreds of them in use with customers that have no problems, so something MUST be right with them.:biggrin:

The best header gaskets so far we have found, from over 100 different local installs, are the coppers. They can even be re-used many times and still do the job.:)

Have less time using the RJC gaskets, but they are holding up well too.

Not sure how many sets of these headers you have installed, but I have installed MANY with different gaskets, and they have been good down into the low 8's in many cases. We would not run a race car W/O header gaskets, iron head or alum.

You are entitled to your opinion on using gaskets ,and these headers, but is is a limited opinion, unless you have experience with them on lots of turbo cars?:confused: As far as the TA/AZGN headers, there are hundreds of them in use with customers that have no problems, so something MUST be right with them.:biggrin:

The best header gaskets so far we have found, from over 100 different local installs, are the coppers. They can even be re-used many times and still do the job.:)

Have less time using the RJC gaskets, but they are holding up well too.

Nick,

If you can get away with running no gaskets then why not? I ran the Coppers for ever just reused them, then tried it with no gasket and some high temp red permatex and still never had an issue no leaks nothing that was with my Irons and now my Alum. Some cars from the factory don't run gaskets.