my new rocker arm shafts...

FJM568

Check out my new SOLID rocker arm shafts... :eek: :D

Attachments

• 0722082119_1.jpg
    0722082119_1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 359
They are 17-4 Stainless, Pre-heat treated to 32-33 Rockwell C scale...The rocker arm buttons are made of Aluminum-Nickel-Bronze and bolted in with flat head cap screws to be loc-tited after the rocker arms are put on...

I made them...

I really don't have any idea what they would cost someone to have them made. Wasn't really concerned with how much time I put in them. I worked on them on and off over a couple of weeks, little by little.

wow, nice job. you could probably make a couple bucks if you made them for people. i would buy them.

They are 17-4 Stainless, Pre-heat treated to 32-33 Rockwell C scale...The rocker arm buttons are made of Aluminum-Nickel-Bronze and bolted in with flat head cap screws to be loc-tited after the rocker arms are put on...

they look really nice but thats not really very hard-------the factory ones are surface hardened in the 50+ C range--------it will be very interesting to see how they perform from a wear standpoint over time-------of course if you use them with roller rockers its probably a non issue.............RC

hmmm...I had Rockwell tested a factory shaft and it only tested in the 23-25 c scale range...I was told the originals or the replacements were carburized and heat-treated, but never could get an answer what they were treated to...

But the nice thing about the 17-4 stainless is that it is high in chromium and nickel content, so the wear and abrasion resistance is there. As far as strength, making it a solid shaft, I'm really not too worried about it. I'm going to a roller cam, and since the TA HD shafts were unavailable, I went this route. I will be using the stock rocker arms, though.

Those look a lot like a set of solid shafts I got many years ago by some guy...can't remember his name...I had to red loctite the piece that screws into the shaft and holds the rockers in place...I ran those on my old motor(basically stock) for years with no problems...I had a pic of them but can't find it...