My new ride........1987 Turbo T

Boostian

Finally got around to taking some good pictures. Back in high school I lived around the corner from a well-known Turbo Buick mechanic (Jim Dunn) and used to spend time at his place learning about the cars. Always wanted one but didn't make sense as a daily driver, and I was young and didn't have the funds for a second car. Fast forward to a wife, kid, house, etc, I was finally able to afford my own Turbo T. Picked it up from a very good friend who gave me a great deal on it. Mods are in my sig. Came with a lot of extras including a full set of stock rims and a full set of GNX wheels. I plan on cleaning up the wheels and seeing how they come up, hoping to use the GNX wheels, think they would really stand out on a white WO2 T.

The body has.......ready.......245,000 miles. Yes, 245K. Motor and trans have 40. Underbody is just as clean as the rest of the car.

SAM_2660.JPG
SAM_2661.JPG
SAM_2663.JPG
SAM_2666.JPG
SAM_2667.JPG
SAM_2668.JPG

Car is simply beautiful & a killer color combo, any interior pics? Congrats!

Thanks! Forgot the interior shots.......here we are.....

Last pics were taken yesterday when I had the cover on.....insurance company needed them. Im trying to keep the interior and car as clean as possible while slowing adding things like an LS1 MAF, SLIC, etc, before I do akly or anything like that. Interior could use carpet and floor mats. I also want to replace the dash panel as someone cut holes in it t fit speakers :mad:

Exterior I pretty much just want to get the stock "T" emblems on the side, put the "BUICK" emblem on the trunk (Im leaving the 3.8 SFI Turbo emblem off the trunk and the Buick emblems off the side rears) and eventually replace or rechrome the bumpers. Oh, and if I can find a new hood emblem I'll replace that too...
SAM_2664.JPG
SAM_2657.JPG
SAM_2655.JPG

Looks like you have an extremely rare car with the column shift chrome mirrors and color combo .. Maybe Kirban will see this and chime in to confirm ..

Yea the mirrors make it very rare from all I've been told and read (in Kirbans book also). Especially like what you stated, the mirrors, column shift, and Concert Sound.....

From my iPhone

Looks like you have an extremely rare car with the column shift chrome mirrors and color combo .. Maybe Kirban will see this and chime in to confirm ..
What's Dennis's user name on here. Ill PM him a link to this, because I am curious...

From my iPhone

Nice car! Second one I have seen in 2 weeks with those mirrors and up until then never saw them. Have fun with the car!

Pictures too big and won't load.

Spend the extra $10 a month and get Fios Quantum internet......50mbps.....thatll help ;) Or if you are still having problems, try right click and "Show Picture"

To everyone else, thanks! Ive put a bunch of time in already cleaning it, still way more to do, I'm very anal with my stuff. Now if only I can get it boosting over 12 psi w/o knock :mad: But that's a whole other story