My new BB66

jerrad

As some of you know I was in pursuit for a new turbo for my combo and asked 849287492 questions in this section about which way to go.

After talking with Mr. Cotton I decided on the BB66 that he offers. I have a pats 2800 stall convertor and the 66 spools a little faster than my non BB te44 which is a great suprise. The car feels much stronger at 20#'s but for some reason I'm getting some knock:frown: . As soon as I get the knock issue resolved I'll report back with 24#'s and let everyone know how it feels.

I couldn't be happier with the new purchase.:)

Good to hear. I am switching from an old school TE63E to a 66BB. I already went 10.80s on stock longblock with the 63. I just hope the 66 spools faster and does not slow the car down. :biggrin:

I have a 3200 stall. So I am hoping for a fast spool up on the street.

sweet6,that 66 pulls real strong on up top should be fun;) which version turbine wheel did you go with?

P trim. I am looking forward to seeing how it works. This is my first BB turbo.

Get to the track LOL. I'll have a similar set up with the same turbo this spring. I'm curious it's potential. I know no two cars will run the same with the same set up but I would think it'll give me an idea. Sounds like you like it so far.

Cool. I don't have alky so that would be one difference in our set ups. I had hoped 60#'s would be okay without alky. I don't have a roll bar right now soI'm not looking to go nuts with boost....yet.

i just bought a cpt bb 66 and was out joy riding today and seen the local track was running so i swung in there and made a few pass's 93 octane 15 or 16 lbs of boost on 255 40 17 street tires not drag radials eased it out of the hole on zero boost and went a 7.72 at 93 mph 2.00 60 foot time i was pretty impressed considering the low boost i was running.i also was running a te63 before and the 66 spools alot faster and does everything better imo.thanks jack cotton for all your help.....i did this reply just to show the 66 can run at very low boost.

I hope my 9" Art Carr isn't too loose. It's been a while but I think it stalls at least 3200 RPM.

I would not think it will be too loose. I run a 3200 5 disc Vigilante with a GT3255 in my TTA. It is great. I would do it again. But I also lock it at the track. So I have the best of both worlds. Instant boost and hardly and slip when it is locked.

Hopefully when the weather breaks all of us can compare notes on the 66BB. :biggrin:

I just got a 66BB from Cotton and love it. I run a 3200 stall and the thing spools great!!! Having fun ripping through my DR's

I can't wait, the car has been down for 4 years. I had an 11 second set up in it after my 10 second set up failed years back. So it's going to be fun!!!! It sounds like my convertor should work fine.

I'm sure the 3200 will make it more fun on the street than my 2800-3000. Mine spools nice so I'm sure yours will boil the hide at command. :)

v62go, what is the rest of your combo? That is a great time in the 1/8 on pump. I have been told that running low boost with a larger turbo won't be faster than a smaller one at the same boost alot.(I don't believe it) What time do you think it would run in the 1/4 mile on pump gas and low boost?

around 11.70's i would think i could pick up a easy half second on slicks the car has cut low 1.40's that way.yeh thats what i heard about bigger turbos also thats one the reasons i posted up to show different.as far as set up goes cpt bb 66 3 inch dp stock intake and tb rjc plate 1.65 rr small atr roller cam poston headers and crossover good 2004r vig 3200 lu 3 inch single exhaust all the way out with gutted conv. precision front mount ported and polished heads with big valves 50lb injectors(i know i need bigger ones)the pass was made with 17 inch torque thrust and low profile tires.cant wait to see what that thing can do on high boost levels.......

As some of you know I was in pursuit for a new turbo for my combo and asked 849287492 questions in this section about which way to go.

After talking with Mr. Cotton I decided on the BB66 that he offers. I have a pats 2800 stall convertor and the 66 spools a little faster than my non BB te44 which is a great suprise. The car feels much stronger at 20#'s but for some reason I'm getting some knock:frown: . As soon as I get the knock issue resolved I'll report back with 24#'s and let everyone know how it feels.

I couldn't be happier with the new purchase.:)
your knock issue could be caused from not enough fuel. when you go to a larger turbo you should send your chip in for recalibration. or just add 10 to 12% in wot in all gears. that is a big jump there

around 11.70's i would think i could pick up a easy half second on slicks the car has cut low 1.40's that way.yeh thats what i heard about bigger turbos also thats one the reasons i posted up to show different.as far as set up goes cpt bb 66 3 inch dp stock intake and tb rjc plate 1.65 rr small atr roller cam poston headers and crossover good 2004r vig 3200 lu 3 inch single exhaust all the way out with gutted conv. precision front mount ported and polished heads with big valves 50lb injectors(i know i need bigger ones)the pass was made with 17 inch torque thrust and low profile tires.cant wait to see what that thing can do on high boost levels.......

My combo will be about the same. I have GN1s and ported intake and a 210/215 roller. I'm hoping for a 11.50 on pump gas only.