My new 94 Zr1 sold the Gn to get it.

Any corvette wearing an L48, L82, Crossfire, TPI, or LT1 badges is sleeper in my book. There are the few that are modded and a threat, but the majority of them are convertable 4spd autos that are elderly peoples daily drivers.

Nick

Gotta throw in my 2 cents as an owner of '86 GN.
Drive down the street and around the corner to the local store, guaranteed you will see a vette. Did I mention they all look the much the same. Take an GN. Drive the the store, in fact drive through the next 10 states and tell me how many Vette's you see compared with GN's you see. Point made?
Only 5500 of mine were made. After a few bolts on, mine runs 11's and get a front mount then 10's. Car turns heads 'cause it looks bad ass and I get thumbs up all the time. One chick dared to race me leaving the mall one day. I waved her from my rear view mirror. At the light she asked me whhat the hell kind of car was i driving, she claimed to have 350 Hp and performance rear ect... I said good for you and waved bye again.
I drove a friends 2000 Vette around the corner and not impressed. My car pulls like a jet, constant power because the turbo spools paowr baby. Aint what the vette felt like, not even close, but I didn't have the heart to tell him that.
My buddy got a Z06 and yes they are awsome power and handling but, hey thais a new generation of engineering so what do you expect. In closing, unless it is an old 50's or 60's vette that really turns me on and now worth 6 figures, I'll stick with my GN Gents. :cool:

The GN and Turbo T's are probably the baddest looking cars on the road. I miss the attention I got from people on the road and at the local hang outs. I have owned several Mustangs 5.0, a Camaro Z28, Trans Am GTA, Lighting SVT, Impala SS (95) which I still own, 87 Turbo T, Conquest.
They were all very nice cars but the Buick was awesome. The only down fall to the Buick was keeping it from breaking all the time in a higher horse power application and also the performance market is very small. :)

BBBAD86GN said:
I will be putting the smackdown on unsuspecting victims.

Ray : :cool:

Congrats on finding a nice car. Looks sweet!

By the way.....here's a sleeper for you guys:

When I lived in Dallas, there was a guy racing a WHITE ZR1 every weekend throwing the Whammy on cars at will. Come to find out, the gym bag in the back hatch, with the tennis racket coming out of it, was split on the bottom and was hiding a monster Nitrous bottle. It was a crazy 250 shot and the car ran 10s on street tires. :eek: :eek: :eek:

buickturboman said:
Gotta throw in my 2 cents as an owner of '86 GN.
Drive down the street and around the corner to the local store, guaranteed you will see a vette. Did I mention they all look the much the same. Take an GN. Drive the the store, in fact drive through the next 10 states and tell me how many Vette's you see compared with GN's you see. Point made?
Only 5500 of mine were made. After a few bolts on, mine runs 11's and get a front mount then 10's. Car turns heads 'cause it looks bad ass and I get thumbs up all the time. One chick dared to race me leaving the mall one day. I waved her from my rear view mirror. At the light she asked me whhat the hell kind of car was i driving, she claimed to have 350 Hp and performance rear ect... I said good for you and waved bye again.
I drove a friends 2000 Vette around the corner and not impressed. My car pulls like a jet, constant power because the turbo spools paowr baby. Aint what the vette felt like, not even close, but I didn't have the heart to tell him that.
My buddy got a Z06 and yes they are awsome power and handling but, hey thais a new generation of engineering so what do you expect. In closing, unless it is an old 50's or 60's vette that really turns me on and now worth 6 figures, I'll stick with my GN Gents. :cool:

Everyone has their own opinions.

But you do not see ZR-1's very often at all. And if you do not think that ZR-1's and ZO6's are bad ass... Then you have something wrong with you.

yullose said:
I worked for a Chevy dealership when those things were new.

All I can say is, the backend was always trying to pass the front end. :D

Those suckers are a handfull when the back tires are lit. ;)

So did i when i was a GM tech. I work at Ford now.
But when i would see a ZR1 come in for service , then rarley ever left both keys... :frown:

Oh yeah they are Bad ASS and I would like one, and will get one

Matt37 said:

But you do not see ZR-1's very often at all. And if you do not think that ZR-1's and ZO6's are bad ass... Then you have something wrong with you.
But in general they are no way sleepers, NO Vette.

Zr1

Yes they do have different windsheilds, they also have a special cutout for a radar detector. Cant get them anymore a used one is fetching close to 1800.00. :eek: My two cents now. The Gn is a bad ass car. :) I had one for 15 years. ;)
Never could afford a new zr1 price tag was 70k and dealers were selling 15k over that. The gn is a different kind of animal. Trust me all you need to do is drive a zr1 and you will be hooked. I personally think the Gn is one of the best looking cars ever built. The Zr1 is badass and has a big history. Took 7 years to develope the engine alone. Read the book Heart of the Beast. In twenty years or so watch what these cars will be worth. They will be up there with the Hemi cudas. The 90-92 cars are probally not going to be worth that much lower hp and larger production#s. 94-95 less than 500 were produced each year. You will remember reading this post one day.
How many Zr1's do you see at car shows? No many.
Well you guys keep the Gns alive and I will get another one day.
If you ever have a chance take a blast in a Z.
Ray

Ssmnt408 said:
sleeper........vette............. no such thing. :)

You guys ever read about John Meany's vette up in Detroit..... built a 18 deg headed SB2 SBC.... 406 CI .... twin turbos.... intercooled.... all under the stock hood.... factory rims and Michelin Pilots.... kind of a turquoise color......anyway... if you see one that looks like a completely stock '91 vette... around Detroit... and he wants to play...... be warned.... it might be John on his way to work.....and he is packin like 1200 hp on pump gas.....got kicked out of the track up there..... went 11.1 @ 160 mph.... on the above mentioned Michelin Pilots........ kinda babying it out of the gate.... and rolling into it.......gotta have a chute for anything that traps 150 or better..... :eek:

Now that is a sleeper.....

Article mentioned him getting some action on the local interstate... against a Ferarri of sorts.... blew him away like he was dragging the emergency brake..... a short while later... they pulled over together... the Ferarri guy says..... "man that car is fast.... I used to have one like that.... what did you do to it?" .... Meany replies.... "just a chip and a muffler" ..... :biggrin:

Matt37 said:

Here is what I said:
My buddy got a Z06 and yes they are awsome power and handling but, hey this a new generation of engineering so what do you expect. In closing, unless it is an old 50's or 60's vette that really turns me on and now worth 6 figures, I'll stick with my GN Gents

Where was it stated that they weren't bad ass? In fact I mentioned that my friend owns a Z06 and I failed to mention that he road races it at Summit Point. Yes I said they are awsome power and modern engineering to command the big bucks. My point is that personally, I am tired of seeing Corvettes everywhere and all of the time. I dig the are old vintage ones along with the old camaros of the 60's. My neighbor has a Camaro I drool for. Noting negative in my statement so please don't read something into it that isn't there.

I have not driven a Z1 and have no idea of the rarity, so perhaps if I saw one and didn't read the fender where it would say Z1, I may think it just another vette. The Vette has been out for sooooo long so can't blame me, like hearing a top 40 song over and over the radio again and again.

Ok, granted, the Regals have also been out there for a long while too but not looking or running like a GN. Look at the GN, no need to read a fender to see a 'Beast' is approaching. No sleeper here. When they see my 3" exhaust with rubber coated on my twin tail pipes and hear the sound of a car this size having a turbo whine of a big TA62, coupled with the sound of 2 stage flow masters, well did I mention the word RESPECT instantly arrives. The only thing is some confuse it with a Monte Carlo which pisses me off, sorry if I offended any one on this. :cool:

buickturboman said:
Here is what I said:
My buddy got a Z06 and yes they are awsome power and handling but, hey this a new generation of engineering so what do you expect. In closing, unless it is an old 50's or 60's vette that really turns me on and now worth 6 figures, I'll stick with my GN Gents

Where was it stated that they weren't bad ass? In fact I mentioned that my friend owns a Z06 and I failed to mention that he road races it at Summit Point. Yes I said they are awsome power and modern engineering to command the big bucks. My point is that personally, I am tired of seeing Corvettes everywhere and all of the time. I dig the are old vintage ones along with the old camaros of the 60's. My neighbor has a Camaro I drool for. Noting negative in my statement so please don't read something into it that isn't there.

I have not driven a Z1 and have no idea of the rarity, so perhaps if I saw one and didn't read the fender where it would say Z1, I may think it just another vette. The Vette has been out for sooooo long so can't blame me, like hearing a top 40 song over and over the radio again and again.

Ok, granted, the Regals have also been out there for a long while too but not looking or running like a GN. Look at the GN, no need to read a fender to see a 'Beast' is approaching. No sleeper here. When they see my 3" exhaust with rubber coated on my twin tail pipes and hear the sound of a car this size having a turbo whine of a big TA62, coupled with the sound of 2 stage flow masters, well did I mention the word RESPECT instantly arrives. The only thing is some confuse it with a Monte Carlo which pisses me off, sorry if I offended any one on this. :cool:

Sorry, If i mis-read your post.

I always get the guy that says "What year Monte Carlo is that" has happened to me a handful of times.

Matt37 said:
Sorry, If i mis-read your post.

I always get the guy that says "What year Monte Carlo is that" has happened to me a handful of times.

That is funny because it happen to me a few times. The best one was when a guy at the car wash ask me if I have a 350 in my Monte Carlos SS. He was literally looking at my black grill that said (BUICK) and ask me this dumb :eek: question. He even ask me what does the 3.8 SFI Turbo on the bubble hood means. :rolleyes:

Nice Vette , You Should Of Kept The G.n Too! I Have A Sleeper Vette To ,,,lol It Runs 12.60 With A Procharger On It . But The G.n Is Plain Fast ! Good Luck Man!

I didn't know what a GN was until these 2 young guys I was training was telling me all about them and how cool and bad ass they were. A few years later I was in the car business, selling for my brother in law who had a big Dodge dealership. A salesman who left to work at a different dealership as the manager one day pulled up in a GN demo at James Madison University tent sale we had. He was bragging about what a badd ass car this was telling me all about it. He showed me under the hood and I was intrigued. I told my nephew about them since he was a gear head and raced his car at the local tracks. Wouldn't you know it, he purchased a used one. He told me it was faster than the cars he ran so, I told my wife I had to own one and did shortly after finding an 86 with 63K miles on it. I got it at a steal for $8,800. Since then I put in a 3" ID down pipe, 3" ID exhaust, Vlot Master, TE62 turbo, 009 42 lb injectors, 2 Red Armstrong chips, one ful race and Laptop w/ Direct Scan. I ran 12.1 not hooking up 1.9 60 foot times on BFG Drag radials. If I had Micky Thompsons, I'd have been in the 11's for sure. It is like the old muscle cars, althought they are never shown on TV in the Muscle Car era but same thing, gotta love 'em. Pictured here is my buddy's son who's dad owns this Viper and all he says is "I love your car Mr. Kevin". Gotta admit, looks bass ass, even next to this Viper guys. :cool:

Attachments

• GN&VIPER1.jpg
    GN&VIPER1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 113
Yer another Pic to love.

Attachments

• GN1.JPG
    GN1.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Grand_National resized.jpg
    Grand_National resized.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 111
Gn

I know, I should of could of would of. Im gonna get another on over the winter. I miss mine.
RAY ;)

GN's still can be purchased reasonably, considering what will most likely happen in the near future when like all muscle cars shoot through the roof I expect. My buddy has a M3 and this is the everything car to him, as my GN is to me. Yeah, it has it all but stil ain't a GN and what I mean is looks aren't as bad, acceleration, well he has to bang gears where I don't. He talks about handling. Yup, got me there but since neither of us plan road racing, well so much for handling I say. I run 21-22 lbs of boost since this is what it is set fpr Blue Gas therefore I need to buy a Razer Methanol/Alcohol Kit because pump gas it 'detonation city' regardless of using octane boost I find. My son has a 1990 Mustang LX convertable. We got it rebuilt and paid plenty, problem was the motor was not rebuilt correctly and I had to go in the hole for him deeper and got a GT 40 Motor. Now he burned up his Auto tranny so if I cn stop hemmoraging out bucks to help him and his brothers car expenses, I can then afford to put my GN back on the road and get this kit fo it as a weekend driver. Well, at least the garaging it keeps the miles off for now. :cool: