My New 18k mile TTA

72firebird

Well I just bought my first car. Yeah yeah I know most people don't think 16 year olds deserve a high horsepower car. However this car isn't a car I'm driving every day and I'm not what you would consider your average 16 year old. Anyways I picked the car up
May 22nd up in michigan and went 300 miles in the rain home. The interior on it is perfect and I'm working on clenaing the engine bay a little more. As you can already see I will have a lot of questions because this is me and my dads first time owning a turbo car. So far it has been a lot of fun and there are a few mods that will soon be on the way. My plans are to do SLP exhaust, 36 lb injectors, Walboro 340 fuel pump hotwired, and a chip. Beyond that I don't think I will do a whole lot more. My turbo-link software is in the mail so I know everything is always running right. ANyways enjoy the pictures (the house in the picture is not my house it just made for a nice backdrop), oh and for those of you who want to know how it's shinning so good I used 2 coats of 3m Swirl Mark remover for dark cars, 2 coats of 3m hand glaze, and 1 coat of the new eagle1 nno wax. Paint feels like a nice air hockey table, as if your hand isn't even touching anything.
backside.jpg

corner.jpg

deepdish.jpg

fountain.jpg

front.jpg

frontangle.jpg

glare.jpg

house.jpg

wheel.jpg

Originally posted by 72firebird
As you can already see I will have a lot of questions because this is me and my dads first time owning a turbo car. So far it has been a lot of fun and there are a few mods that will soon be on the way. My plans are to do SLP exhaust, 36 lb injectors, Walboro 340 fuel pump hotwired, and a chip. Beyond that I don't think I will do a whole lot more.

Yeh, thats exactly what my old man said when he bought the TTA new back in 89' when I was 16. Just a chip and this and that. I kinda expanded the mod list when I took ownership. ;)
Lucky for you it sounds like its your car, only time I got the keys (without him riding shotgun) were at the track and prom night. Me and my friend dumped the chicks off early and went street racing :eek: Enjoy it, I did, then and now.

Looks sweet!

How did you find the car?

Good luck and enjoy it ....especially while you are young, because when you get older there may be no time!

72Firebird,
Nice Car. All the detail work on the paint paid off. It looks great.

I do like the "Country Club" background! :D

- Dave

Some body better get that P.O.S away from my crib! :D

Actually if your only 16 and own a TTA you need to change your board name to "SILVER SPOON!"

Jason

I was 30 years old AND had to get my wifes permission to buy my TTA. Damn SILVER SPOONS !

very nice car.

im 19 years old and have owned 1986 trans am, 1989 camaro, 1993 thunderbird, 1984 monte carlo ss(current daily drive), and the 1987 Buick GN (current sometimes daily driver). not necessarily silver spoon. for those of you who have ever lived in alaska you might know why i was able to have owned alot of cars. ;)
my father and i also just purchased a 1989 TT/A. #253. we got ours from minneapolis and it was shipped to us in Colorado Springs. it starts off as "i just want to do this and nothing more", but if you are like us then you will have parts showing up every week for the cars.

Originally posted by postal
'77 Dodge colt with a 4-SPEED baby! WOOT!
Originally posted by postal
I was 30 years old AND had to get my wifes permission to buy my TTA. Damn SILVER SPOONS !

'80 Dodge Colt with the Power/Economy lever Doh!!!!!

Postal, I know the feeling, but I was 27.

Anyways, back to the subject. Don't bother with the 36lb injectors as you will just end up "upgrading" again later down the road. Also might want to look into Alky Injection, probably about hte best mod for a mostly street driven car available today. BTW, stock exhaust with a "test pipe" and a cutout will be all you will really need for a long time. Might look into a different muffler though, the ATR Pitbull flows and sounds pretty good IMO, it was on my car when I got it so I don't have any direct comparisons to the stock muffler. Don't start going out buying all the parts like turbo's, intercoolers and downpipes untill you feel you have gotten the most out of the parts that are already on your car. We have enough 14sec TR's and TTA's with $1,000's spent on upgrades already, don't be another one of them. Shoot for low 12's before even thinking about that stuff.

Order of importance for Mods IMO is

1) Scantool
2) Fuel system (pump, regulator, injectors)
3) Free/cheap mods
4) Aux injection (for street driven cars)
5) Whatever it takes now that you know how to tune and drive your car:D :eek:

Hey Silverspoon ;)

A really special car. I have the feeling you're going to be a great owner for it :)

One of the best looking I've seen.

In retrospect, I would have stayed stock a lot longer....except maybe for a progressive alcohol injection kit. I bet you can run real well with a well tuned, stock car and Alchy. That is too nice a car to slap every bolt on to it :)

nice un

Oh to be sixteen again...
Well, SILVERSPOON looks good to me! Somethin to be proud of.
Keep her tween the lines and respect the boost! Cops can ruin your day! Don't want to read an obit on you.
Enjoy!
And those homes aren't tooo shabby either.:eek: :D

Wrong end of the state! I am in Kentucky, all of the way South.

I was going to offer some local hands on help if you needed it. Unfortunatly we don't appear to be very "Local" to one another.

Brent

Yeah I definatley need the help but too bad you're a little far away. Thanks for the offer anyways.

I'm down in Lafayette and could also lend a hand if needed, but South Bend is too far away even from me for that.

I've been working my wife on a TTA for sale in our area. Too bad she wants no part of us owning another toy car.

Nice looking ride you got there. I'm jealous. :)