My money pit

Foggedv6

I lowered it and got some wheels, I still have alot of work to do but atleast it looks better occuping my garage.

Attachments

• moneys 004.jpg
    moneys 004.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 919
  • moneys 002.jpg
    moneys 002.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 902
  • moneys 007.jpg
    moneys 007.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 973
Cool!

I've not seen one in a 2wd blazer before. That should be cool!

I've got a Typhoon here that's stripped to the bone. It came cladding delete from the factory. I was thinking about putting it back to stock since they only made 5 of them that way but maby putting a buick in front of the AWD would be interesting?

Your's will be a blast being 2wd!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys:biggrin:

I put an lt4 starter on it today, works great. Too bad I noticed my homemade crossover leaks at the driver side header. Guess I have to monkey that that some more. Bled the brakes also after running over my vacuum cleaner pulling it in the garage last week:eek: Of coarse one wheels cylinder leaks. :rolleyes:

Update. This weekend I biult some intercooler piping, permently installed the radiator and found some radiator hose that fit. I've done several other things that were'nt worth pictures like fix the brakes, install injectors and the repaired dfi (thanks norbs!). Anyway heres a couple of pics. I should have some more next week as i have a big box of parts waiting to install.:D

Almost forgot, it starts and runs now also.

moneys009.jpg

moneys008.jpg

Hey fogged, did you buy or fabricate your engine mounts? Is your crossover in front of the engine? Do you have the accel dfi?Im puttin a 3.8 in my 2wd 91 s10. Yours looks great, I like the bravada grille.

That's cool as hell! That's going to be a sleeper. I alos like the Bravada Grill.
It would be cool if you could make it to the Bowling Green GS Nationals, I'd like to see that ride in person. Good luck with it.:D

Yea its great to see someone break the mold and not do a 350 or 4.3. Ive searched on all the s10 forums and no one has done it. Ive seen a few 3800 engines but no GN engines.

Hey fogged, did you buy or fabricate your engine mounts? Is your crossover in front of the engine? Do you have the accel dfi?Im puttin a 3.8 in my 2wd 91 s10. Yours looks great, I like the bravada grille.

I used factory regal 3.8 mounts. Just inverted them and swapped left to right and right left. If that makes sense kinda hard to explain.

The crossover is custom and runs behind the engine, I have some pics of it somewhere I'l try and post later.

Yes Im using DFI.

That's cool as hell! That's going to be a sleeper. I alos like the Bravada Grill.
It would be cool if you could make it to the Bowling Green GS Nationals, I'd like to see that ride in person. Good luck with it.:D
Doubt I'll make it, the trucks still not finished. Don't know if I'd ever go, driving cross country without overdrive doesnt sound like much fun and I dont own a trailer:D

Yea its great to see someone break the mold and not do a 350 or 4.3. Ive searched on all the s10 forums and no one has done it. Ive seen a few 3800 engines but no GN engines.

Ive seen a few, there was one running around here in orlando a few years back. One was for sale awhile back on this board as an unfinished project.

Wow so the stock mounts worked? Ill have to try that. Im just getting started on my engine. I built a 2.8 for the truck to be a driver but alot has changed. Ive been working on it for a few years, were doing a frame off. Are the GS Nationals a buick thing. Yeah i live pretty far from there doubt id be going anytime.

I used factory regal 3.8 mounts. Just inverted them and swapped left to right and right left. If that makes sense kinda hard to explain.

The crossover is custom and runs behind the engine, I have some pics of it somewhere I'l try and post later.

Yes Im using DFI.

Doubt I'll make it, the trucks still not finished. Don't know if I'd ever go, driving cross country without overdrive doesnt sound like much fun and I dont own a trailer:D

Ive seen a few, there was one running around here in orlando a few years back. One was for sale awhile back on this board as an unfinished project.

hey fogged, did you have to do alot of cutting to get it to fit? there is a guy on turbobuicks.com who said he had to cut his firewall and crossmember i think, did you?

hey fogged, did you have to do alot of cutting to get it to fit? there is a guy on turbobuicks.com who said he had to cut his firewall and crossmember i think, did you?

Which crossmember? I modified my stock trans crossmember since Im using a th400.

I did cut my firewall for the downpipe. Kinda wishing I would'nt have now. If I did it again I would run the downpipe Under the frame rail, behind the control arm like how some v8 fenderwell headers are made.

the crossmember under the engine. I think he said he had trouble with the oil pan, but i dont think the 3.8 is any bigger than a 4.3. What about running the cross over in front of the engine like the syclones and typhoons? Is there any serious clearances issues in front?

the crossmember under the engine. I think he said he had trouble with the oil pan, but i dont think the 3.8 is any bigger than a 4.3. What about running the cross over in front of the engine like the syclones and typhoons? Is there any serious clearances issues in front?

My oil pan clears fine, I might be an issue when I build another motor and use a girdle.

I don't know how you would run the cross over in the front. The ports on the heads are'nt symetrical, so you cant just swap the manifolds from one side to the other. Even if you could it would put the turbo in the fire wall on the drivers side:eek:

My oil pan clears fine, I might be an issue when I build another motor and use a girdle.

I don't know how you would run the cross over in the front. The ports on the heads are'nt symetrical, so you cant just swap the manifolds from one side to the other. Even if you could it would put the turbo in the fire wall on the drivers side:eek:

I figured on having to weld up a set of headers to get it to work. I really hate to cut my firewall or floor pans at all becausei we put alot of time in it, we painted it to match the body. I'm running 17x8.5s in the front so fender well clearance might be an issue. Have you had your blazer at the track yet?

I figured on having to weld up a set of headers to get it to work. I really hate to cut my firewall or floor pans at all becausei we put alot of time in it, we painted it to match the body. I'm running 17x8.5s in the front so fender well clearance might be an issue. Have you had your blazer at the track yet?

If it was me, I'd try and figure something else out other then make headers. Thats just more work then its worth, for me anyway.

No, its not finished yet.

yea if i can cut up a set of manifolds and get them to work i will. How close are you?

yea if i can cut up a set of manifolds and get them to work i will. How close are you?
Dunno How close I am really. I still need my turbo rebuilt and to get a drive shaft. I have a list of other stuff that still needs to be done before its drivable.

Heres an Inside shot.

stf002.jpg