My inspiration! Fast GN

Wahoo

Im pretty sure he is on here, but i kinda want my car to head in this direction.

I want to put the battery in the trunk, lighten the car up get it hooking and booking, and making power!

My tranny needs to be rebuilt, and im debating a th400 swap, in this video i believe i only heard it hit 2nd gear?

Im sure it will be years to get my car even close to performing like this car, it would be a lot of money as well.

I know i need a bigger turbo, and basically a completely built motor, i do need to refresh my motor this spring so we will see how wild it will become this next spring.

But since the car needs a tranny already, how much would it really hurt to be running a th400 if im not making crazy amounts of power.

If I'm not mistaken that car is John Plog's. TH200 trans and iron heads. The car has been in the 8's. I moved away from the 200 trans. I can now beat the crap out of my trans with zero worries.

The biggest thing to consider when trying to make a decsision between a 200r4 and th400 is the overdrive. If you don't drive your car on the interstate much the overdrive might not be a big deal to you but if you do long trips at interstate speeds the overdrive is very nice. I have ran both and for a car mainly geared towards racing with some occasional trips to the cruise in the 400 works well but I personally prefer to have overdrive. I am likely getting ready to switch my car over to 4l80e because I want overdrive and I do not like cruising down the interstate at 3200rpms at 75!

On a side note the owner of the car in the video ran low 9's and high 8's for years with a 200r4 without a single problem.