My GNX survived

spikestta

My GNX survived Hurricane Irene. I live very close to the beach. I tried to find somewhere else to put the car but it seemed like everyone who offered to take the car in there area was at risk for flooding. So I got some bags (60)and filled them with sand and built a wall.I also put a pump in the driveway. I was under a mandatory evacuation so i had to leave. The ocean flooded all the way to the bay. The sand bags saved my car. I got zero water in my garage. What a relief its over.Thanks

Attachments

• gnx456.jpg
    gnx456.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 643
Thank god. The weather got a little crazy. At least the baby didnt get wet:biggrin:

Glad to hear all is well. Next time LMK and I can drive it back here to Illinois....:biggrin:

Be safe.

hello; IMO we all got very lucky although there where some deaths. RIP.
IBBY

My GNX survived also, it was beside a heavily restored 64 corvette conv. with factory fuel inj., and also beside a staged motor 19k mle 87 GN, and a 1990 Saleen mustang. Everything went pretty good and we are at Wrightsville Beach, N.C. Prolly didn't get any worse than that. It's just about being prepared.

Geoff

My GNX survived also, it was beside a heavily restored 64 corvette conv. with factory fuel inj., and also beside a staged motor 19k mle 87 GN, and a 1990 Saleen mustang. Everything went pretty good and we are at Wrightsville Beach, N.C. Prolly didn't get any worse than that. It's just about being prepared.

Geoff

Damn! You have some nice cars in that stable! Glad to hear they are all OK.

I'm glad it wasn't as bad as they said is was going to be. The storm did a lot of damage But it could have been a lot worse. Days before the storm I called Grundy just to make sure everything was in order. The worse part was I couldn't be there to see what was happening. Thanks

i'm glad it wasn't as bad as they said is was going to be. The storm did a lot of damage but it could have been a lot worse. Days before the storm i called grundy just to make sure everything was in order. The worse part was i couldn't be there to see what was happening. Thanks
happy to hear all is well ! I see you have her at home now .. Thats the best place for her .. Be well god bless ..

Spikestta - I'm glad that your GNX survived without a scratch. I do not have a car barn like ghall however, if you ever need me to store that car for you, just let me know. I have a 3 car garage and it's high and dry in Northern Illinois. I promise I won't drive it in the snow! jk
Glad you pulled through, have a good one.

Busyman
:cool: