My GN got slammed!!!!!!!!!!

Audiowizard

CARE FOR A SMOKE ANYONE?
Staff member
"In-da-asphalt"

I rebuilt the front end with Moog parts and 2" Bell tech spindles. My 17" X 8" Centerlines with 225/45/17 Nitto 450 Extremes tuck very nicely under the fender wells. The best part is that I have full suspension travel up and down and lock to lock with no rubbing at all!! I used a plasma cutter to remove the inner sheet metal from the fender wells and is not noticable unless you look underneath. The car has a nice raked look and is attracting too much attention from the local muscle car guys :D. Who said I can't have my cake and eat it????? ;) Here is a link to my web page with pics, please enjoy!!! :)

Slammed GN

Edwardo, your ride is looking sweeter than ever. I have to say, your stereo work is nothing short of awesome.....wow wow wow. I love the front door pods you made, and integrating the power locks into them was the winning touch....nice work, brother....me jealous! :D

Looks Aswome! I like that raked look. Did you replace the rear springs with lowering springs? Or is that stock?

Originally posted by matt87
looks great! hows the ride quality?

The same as stock suspension. The 2" drop spindles relocate the rotor 2" higher using the stock springs so ride quality is not sacrificed. This thing rides great and I love the clearance that I have with no scrapping and rubbing what so ever.

Thanks for the compliments guys especially you Doug!! ;)

The main reason for posting this is to show Buick Regal owners turbo and non turbo that these cars can be dropped without sacrificing ride quality and that you can have full suspension geometry up and down and lock to lock with no rubbing problems (and did it with 17" X 8" rims). Of course I had to remove some sheetmetal to achieve to gain full clearance but it all of the work was performed by me and was done correctly.

Originally posted by xtremexnyc
Looks Aswome! I like that raked look. Did you replace the rear springs with lowering springs? Or is that stock?

Thanks! I have a 1" drop in the rear with the stock springs because of the audio sytem that I built in the rear.

Looks great, I have been setting aside some cash for the drop spindles for my Ttype......I wanted to do it when I rebuilt the front end, but you know funds get tight sometimes. I plan on doing the Bell Techs, since I had them on my old 88 Monte SS with no problems. Should be a simple job, just get the car in the air, lower the control arm enough to get the old spindle off, and new one on.:D Cant wait! BTW, you made my chuckle about the rear end lowering..........just add stereo! Hahaha, mine did the same thing.

Eddie....

Car looks great and where ya been. Haven't seen you posting in awhile or is it that I haven't looked!:D ;)

Thanks Neil! The rear end was the easiest to drop! :D Just wished the front end was as easy!;)

Yeah Gary, I haven't been posting much because I have been so busy at my new job working alot of overtime plus I am still working on Ed Valvos door pods. I had to take vacation just so I could work on my car to rebuild and lower the front suspension. After 150,000 on the car, the original parts were pretty well "wore out" :D

Hey FAST EDDIE!!!

Hey Bud!!! Your GN looks AWESOME!!!! The lowered look on a GN is sweet!!!

When you com'in to Lawton?? (I got some more parts
to put on my GN) LOL!!

I'm taking tomorrow through Monday off to do yard work, house work, and Buick GN work.......LOL!

I wanna see your inner fender wells!! Knowing you and the excellent work you do it probably looks factory!!!!!

See ya soon, Eddie!

PS Watch out for your I/C scoop if you pull into my driveway!!! lol

Woody

:D :confused:

Very Nice! I'm right behind you. I just bought my 2" bell tech drop spindles today from summit. And 1.5" drop springs in the rear. I hope mine comes out like this.

thanks for sharing. ;)

Re: Hey FAST EDDIE!!!

Originally posted by Woody
Hey Bud!!! Your GN looks AWESOME!!!! The lowered look on a GN is sweet!!!

When you com'in to Lawton?? (I got some more parts
to put on my GN) LOL!!

I'm taking tomorrow through Monday off to do yard work, house work, and Buick GN work.......LOL!

I wanna see your inner fender wells!! Knowing you and the excellent work you do it probably looks factory!!!!!

See ya soon, Eddie!

PS Watch out for your I/C scoop if you pull into my driveway!!! lol

Woody

:D :confused:

Thanks!! Hey Woody! My wife is picking up my son tonight while I'm at work so I will be back through Lawton Sunday evening to bring him back. If its not too late, I will come by for a visit! As long as you pull into your driveway at a steep angle, your IC scoop will clear! :D :D ;)

Thanks Boostedmax! :) I am sure yours will look just as good. Make sure to post pics so I can see the results. I am very pleased with my Bell techs and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Good luck! :)

Just FYI! If you are just installing the spindles and not doing a complete front end rebuild like mine, all you will need is a jack and a pickle fork for your major tools. It only takes apx 35 minutes a side to dissassemble and reassemble.