My GN at the local Father's Day Car Show

baller760

This was my first car show and it was absolutely awesome!! (Despite waking up at 5am and being out in the sun all day and burning to a crisp). I was the only GN there as most cars were 1975 and older. Lots of Bel-Airs, Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelle's, etc. etc. I figured that my car would mostly just get glances but 85% of the people stopped and really checked out my car and asked me tons of questions. It was great! I didn't think my car was that nice but everyone loved the paint job and the wheels. It's funny hearing what some people say when they are BSing to their family or friends. One guy was like "My father was at the Buick Nationals and the one car that ran a 7.7 in the 1/4 was running 260lbs of boost!!!" And some other guy was like "These cars do 0-60mph in like 3 seconds stock!!!" Although it's funny it's also nice to know that they actually knew what the car was.

Oh yeah, here are some pics from the day. I also have a video that I'll link if you want to see it. All done on a digital camera.

FrontofGN.jpg

100_0099.jpg

T-top on
100_0100.jpg

T-top Off
100_0101.jpg

Me being an extremely proud owner of this beauty
100_0102.jpg

Me next to my baby
100_0105.jpg

My father and I
100_0108.jpg

Look at that paint!!!!

Man that is SWEET! Beautiful Paint and very clean! Like the wheels also! By the way I was 18 when these came out :eek: ! Keep up the good work!

Yeah someone told me that and also said the emblems on the side are a bit too high. I bought it like this so the guy who had it painted before me must have had them put on wrong.

Sweet car. Someone painted the grill all black as well. If its an 86 the strip at the top that says BUICK should be chrome.

Jamie

Yeah, I noticed that when I first saw it. I asked the guy if he was sure it was an 86 and that's what he said. I think it looks better all blacked out anyway.

Nice car baller!! There aren't very many of us young dudes with these cars around!! I am 24 and have had the cars in my signiture. It's always awesome to see more and more young guys with these cars!!

I think your car looks great. I like the blacked-out grille, too. The stance is awesome. I imagine that car got a lot of lookers at the car show.

Yeah it sure did. I figured it would be a car that a lot of people just glanced at when they walked by because I was the odd ball of the show. All of the other cars except for a Dodge Viper were 1975 and earlier. A lot of people came and looked at it and talked about it saying it did this and that, and I receieved a ton of questions.

Crazy thing is, it was an Ebay car that I bought in North Carolina without seeing and had it shipped all the way to Southern California. It turned out way better than expected with no rust at all like I was afraid of, just a worn suspension.

So whats the wheel and tire combo? Size, backspace, etc

BTW- Nice car......

Not sure of the backspace but they are 17'' American Racing Torque Thrust II's. the front tires are 245/45/17 and the rears are 275/50/17.

Gotta love some of these people at the car shows, though. I think I heard "Monte Carlo SS" about 15 times last weekend. That is, until they take a little closer look. :cool:

Nice car, paint looks great. My '86 also had the grille blacked out and looks much better. Mine has been sitting in my garaged for a number of years and driven around the block since not tagged. It has a few dings on it by my kids as they passing by it. I hope to get mine repainted once the kids move out, in a couple years and hope it ends looking this good. In the mean time, I may get dent wizard to come by to get these couple dings out. :cool:

Yes, the paint is very nice but it does have two dings and a scratch or two on the passenger and driver doors. Hard to see until you are less than 5 feet away and looking for it but they are there. One ding is on the hood and I need to get that taken out. It bothers me like crazy.