My first time into the 11's with alcohol and pump gas!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Went to the local track tonight. It was about high 40's tonight. Finally broke into the 11's with my alcohol and 93 pump gas combo. Ran a 11.99 @ 110 mph w/ a 1.63 short time. Car ran 12.0 twice and 12.1 also on the first passes. This is with the dual nozzle progressive SMC kit. The car has ALOT more left in it because I was only running 23 lbs of boost. At first I had the pump speed on 8 and it seemed to slow the car down on the top end. Turned it down to 6 and picked up about a tenth and 1 mph no other changes same 1.63 sixty foot. Still had no knock at all the entire run on pump speed 6.

In case nobody knows, my car is a full weight GN with ALL options, weighs about 3800 with me in it, heavy stock wheels with slicks, bone stock motor with about 105k miles, and a 22 degree timing custom chip from Joe L.

Just thought I would share...met some cool guys there too like Surge (DR BOOST) and Lemant...couple guys with 71 and 74 GTQ turbo/stock block combos...had a good time!

Good job.. congrats.

Great to see some Sunshine after all the headaches.

Good job, got a 12.0 in my heavy GN last weekend too, SMC kit and dual nozzles.

What tires were you using? :)

I woulda had an 11.7 if I got your 60 fts. :D

I was running 28x9 M/T slicks...I think my alcohol was still too high as far as pump speed and it was killing my MPH...I just ran out of time to make more passes...next week will be in full race tune...yeah it feels good to finally have the car running right

Thanks for the info. :)

I'd keep an eye on the KR if you lean it out anymore.

Upping the boost needs quite a bit of alky. with that pump.

Mines cranked at 10 but I stage the nozzles which works better for me.

Got one more chance this year to get car #2 in the 11's and it's a track rental so lots of passes. :D

good luck!

yeah i know 11.99 is nothing...but it's the fastest this car has been on pump gas and alky...previous best on the 44 and 50's combo was 12.40's...overall best is 11.52 @ 118 and that was on PURE race mode with 28 psi and race chip...

i would think with this 61 turbo and the front mount it should be in the 11.20's area on pure race mode...we'll see...i eventually want to hit a 10.999999...yeah i know keep dreaming :)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also have some good news, I am proud to say I to am now a member of the 11 second clud ,at the local track in Fla.( Bradenton Motor Sports Park) in 80 degree heat and 90% humidity first pass was 12.05@110.6 mph at 24 lbs, run was clean with a 1.66 60 ft. i came back and said it was time to turn up the boost 2 more lbs, next pass went 11.94 @111.5mph at 26lbs/ 1.64 60 ft. I was besibe my self FINAL in the 11's , left every thing alone and backed up with a 11.93 @111.8/1.62 60ft O WHAT A FELLING this was with RAZOR's alky. kit ERIC's chip and 28/10.5 et drags totally stock block and heads.
again CONGRATS to another BUICK FAN.

WHO's NEXT!!!!!!!!!!! thanks JD