My First Taste Of Boost!

jake616

:eek: Wow, that is all I can saya fter getting my first ride and chance to drive a turbocharged car last weekend in STL! :) It wasnt a Buick, nor a 6 cylinder at all...It was a 1990 Ford Probe GT (Probe club was meeting, but mines tottaled) and It had a bad exhaust leak and no shift knob (fell off going into third haha). :rolleyes: Anyways, It took me a little bit to figure out where the psshhh was but I realized....Higher RPMS! :D Wow, I am hooked!

I just let him drive my new 2001 Volkswagen Golf in exchange for a everlasting boost memory, and now a craving! :cool:

Man, You guys are so lucky!
-jake

Boost is like a drug. Once hooked, you want more and more. You'll find excuses for boosting, and spend all your money for that last hit of boost. Congrats on starting down that slippery slope.

It wont wear off either. I had my first boost experience when I was 17. My father put up the money for a down payment on a 1984 Buick T-type.

That was twelve years ago. I owned one other T-type after that and that one died soon after I got it. I have wanted it back ever since and kick myself for selling it. I tried replacing the addiction with a Z/28 and then a Camaro SS which didnt work. I like them and I like the way they look (93-97) but it couldnt replace the torque snap of a turbo Buick.

Thanks to a chance look at an ad in the "Buicks for Sale" section I happened on someone needing a daily driver and selling their GN. We worked out a deal and he will soon be the happy owner of a mildly modded SS and I will again be feeding my addicition for boost with his bone stock 87 GN.

I cant wait till next Saturday when I can go pick it up. :)

Yeah, and from the research I have done jsut to get a taste of boost with what I have (01 Golf)...It isnt going to be cheap! ;)

I am now wondering what It feels like to ride in other boosted cars, and drive my own car w/ boost! (I baby others like crazy). :D

....need boost! :(
-jake

My first boosted car was an 1986 Shelby GLHS #967, it had the 2.2 with an intercooler, it was fun until it developed a wrist pin knock. 1st and second were useless it just spun the wheels.

My brother had a dodge colt turbo with the dual range transmission, it was OK.

I had an '88 mitsubishi mirage turbo, it was fairly peppy, expecially on the highway when you needed to go, it went. The clutch was bad so I never really knew how it was off the line. Bad on gas and the way it was plumbed, it was asking to be intercooled!

'84 T-type - 'nuff said

There is something about the whistling when it spools, then the rush of power! Even big heavy trucks (Like a GMC 7500) has the feeling too!

Now I have the '86 GN

No offense, jake616--but if you were impressed by that, you need to find a local GN owner to take you for a spin.......you might experience a little incontinence. There is a reason why we spend so much money on these old things!:D I remember the first time I got a ride in a GN. It was an '86 and I could only speak in gibberish for about 15 minutes.

Yes, you can really get ADDICTED fast to BOOST, more you do and more you want. The RUSH you're getting is deeply INTENSE, for me there is no way I could survive without it, and now my Wife and my Son are HOOKED the same. :cool:

DCEPTCN took the words out of my mouth. I remember my first GN ride sometime in 1988 and he's 100% correct about the gibberish affect. Not to take anything away from your experiences with turbo cars but I suggest you look for a turbo Buick owner in your area and solicit a ride. At first I saw you were in the Pontiac area, but not in MI otherwise I would have offered (though my car is still 100% stock). Better yet, if you can find a willing Turbo T/A owner to offer up their passenger seat you'll be a total mess all day....guaranteed. I've been in MANY muscle cars from the 60's to today's best. The TTA is unmatched due to the enhanced LC2 power, high performance suspension and braking. It's a total package and miss my TTA very much, even though it blended in with regular traffic.

I remember my firs ttime driving a GN. The roads were a little damp as it had rained earlier in the day. For those of you who have driven one of these cars must know what happened. Yep, the rear end shot out from behind me in seconds. I recently sold my GN and when the guy took it for a ride, he had never driven one before, the look on his face was priceless. I had told him to be careful as the tires broke loose on my car quite easily. Good thing the deal was already done when he drove it because I didn't want the car back with the stained seat.

The first time I drove a Turbo Regal it was in the winter. The roads were clean but it was still ice cold outside. I took it calmly up the street towars the freeway. When I got to the entrance I turned on and stepped on the gas (to the floor). I almost entered the freeway going straight, I was not prepared for that initial shot of boost but I loved it, I straightened out and did it again and again and again. That drive on the freeway was very memorable.