My first logs

BoostedEvIL

Novice
Hey guys, still learning the PL.
There's no boost in the logs. I just hooked up the map. But max boost was around 17-18.
Let me know what areas of concern you see.

Attachments

• cruise.zip
    96.6 KB · Views: 93
  • idle.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 68
Something is way off. Your BLM's are all pegged at 150, and it appears to be dead lean at full throttle, but not much knock. It could be your O2 is bad. I would change that first. Also, your park/neutral switch is stuck on.

Thanks Eric,
I was wondering about my o2s also. I have another o2 sensor so i'll give it a go. I have my maf translator plus set at level 2 for WOT, I was trying to fatten up the o2 counts. Is that the 150 i'm seeing on blms?

I set the translator back to all zero's. But I forgot to swap the o'2 sensor. I forgot to mention the chip is a TT 91 octane 15-17 psi and I have a mix of 100 octane and e85 in the tank.
I also hooked up the map today. But boost seems a little higher on my pillar gauge.

Attachments

• launch 1.zip
    46 KB · Views: 58
  • 65 cruise.zip
    100.6 KB · Views: 34
  • shut down.zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 52
  • launch 2.txt.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 57
I installed a new o2 sensor today. Still seems lean at wot, BLM got to 128 with a gas but at idle they are still at 150. Should I try to add more fuel using the chip? I read that the maf translator can't add fuel eith a TT chip. Is that correct?

I installed a new o2 sensor today. Still seems lean at wot, BLM got to 128 with a gas but at idle they are still at 150. Should I try to add more fuel using the chip? I read that the maf translator can't add fuel eith a TT chip. Is that correct?

The TT chip does't have a control for idle fuel

and the translator (at least not the GenII or Pro) doesn't add fuel it manipulates the AF output the net increase of which is to add fuel

You've got a vac leak somewhere

Last time I seen BLM's that high there was massive leak in my drivers header and was cracked almost all the way around!!!

Last time I seen BLM's that high there was massive leak in my drivers header and was cracked almost all the way around!!!

:eek:
I hope thats not my issue! I haven't check the driver header very closely but i'll give it a look. Did you have any other problems from the cracked header. My under hood temps are kinda hot. It is a little lound under there too.
Thanks

Well got the header welded. Pulled the plugs and they were white (Lean). Put in new plugs and went for a ride this morning. At WOT blm goes straight to 128. But, at idle it is still at 150. Is this typical or should I try to add fuel in the chip?

Well got the header welded. Pulled the plugs and they were white (Lean). Put in new plugs and went for a ride this morning. At WOT blm goes straight to 128. But, at idle it is still at 150. Is this typical or should I try to add fuel in the chip?

Assuming you reset the chip, and your TPS, idle and IAC are set correctly, you still got a leak somewhere. I took a compressed air line and connected it to the spare tire retainer ring, then hooked that into the turbo inlet side, using the silicone adaptor for my MAF. With about 15 psi in the line you should be able to hear where the leak is. If you cant find it, blow smoke over the engine and you will see where it is leaking from. Dont go too crazy with the psi in the line though, no more than 20-25 psi. Mark also makes a vacuum leak detector at TR Custom parts.

Thanks Joe,
I cleared the ecm, TPS is fine. Didn't look at the IAC but the car in purring like a kitten. I will look at it though.
You got any pics of how you setup your makeshift leak detector? I'm gonna give that a go.
Be safe in OEF.

My plugs were awfully white when I pulled them after running E85 and others told me that's just how they look on E85

Thanks Joe,
I cleared the ecm, TPS is fine. Didn't look at the IAC but the car in purring like a kitten. I will look at it though.
You got any pics of how you setup your makeshift leak detector? I'm gonna give that a go.
Be safe in OEF.

Dont have any pics on my laptop over here. I used the 3-3.5 in silicone coupler that connects my MAF pipe and LS1 MAF. One end clamped down on my 3" maf pipe, the other end I used the dish shaped thingamabobber that helps retain the spare tire that has the hole in the middle of it. I ran the compressed air line via a spray nozzle into the hole in the middle of it. Worked really well once I got the band clamp around the spare tire retainer dish thing. When spraying the air I just pushed the nozzle into the hole and was able to track down a few minor leaks.

Thanks, 3 months of OEF left.

Good call! This will work out great!
Now all I need is an air compressor!
Time for craigslist!

Attachments

• CIMG0757.JPG
    CIMG0757.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 153
Thats exactly what I used. Takes a few tries to get the band clamp on just right but it worked. Sort of a jerry rig deal but it worked pretty good for me and it doesnt take long to find the leaks. Just make sure to turn down the regulator on the compressor so you dont blow out gaskets all over the place.

Thanks for the tip. I have an extra vacuum gauge that I can use under the hood to see "Boost". I'll lower the regulator too.
My hose is too big for that hole though. I gotta find a way to make it fit. Maybe a tire stem or something. I could just drill the hole out a little too.