My first 10 ..... finally !

remember boost is just a number;)at least that what is told myself when the needle clears 30psi:Dpump gas alky
Yeah, I need a 3.5 bar map sensor cause mine was 29-31 on the gauge and not sure what the powerlogger will see.

Yeah, I need a 3.5 bar map sensor cause mine was 29-31 on the gauge and not sure what the powerlogger will see.
you also need to decide how far you want to go and how you want to proceed,if you add more boost it will hit the tire a lot harder and add to the wheelspin your getting.getting the car to make a clean pass with the tune your on inmo would be the better strategy.after you turn it up it will respond very different.

just as an example ive had a 64 60ft in the 1.4 range on less boost say 25psi,then raising the boost would blow the tire away.there comes a point where you need a great tire with plenty of sidewall that can take a hit,not to mention the right suspension setup.

you also need to decide how far you want to go and how you want to proceed,if you add more boost it will hit the tire a lot harder and add to the wheelspin your getting.getting the car to make a clean pass with the tune your on inmo would be the better strategy.after you turn it up it will respond very different.
I don't want to go any higher , I just want to make sure my powerlogger will see an accurate boost signal from a sensor that isn't maxed out. I watched a video of my son's run and I think the body might be hitting the tire on launch . There is not much room between tire and fender with the new wheels. I'll probably roll the fender to see if that helps.

it may not be low since you don't know the weight of the car.if its 38-3900lbs at 126mph its making plenty of power,3500lbs I would say its low.
It made 706hp / 686ft lbs at RC's shop back in May , Bison dynoed it .

Last edited:
copy that. its too dam bad we aint got E85 readily available in CT. only like two places on opposite sides of the state smh

Same here, closest is at least an hour away from my local. Boo.

I've been chasing this for a 1 1/2 yrs. and finally got it Friday night . I had a pair of 11.0 last year when I couldn't get boost over 24 psi . After getting the boost fixed and up to 29-30 psi , the transmission started slipping on the 2-3 shift . Sent the transmission to Dave Husek for his best build & a 3021 converter , plus a Turbonetics 6465 DBB turbo to help the spool . Now I have a traction problem just after launch , but I'll live with that for now .....I got my 10 !!
The 10.60 was me & the 10.91 was my son .

Sam
Hey Sam, that's awesome. I will guess that you are happy with the turbo. There is much more in it. Fix that traction problem and go for 9's...

Hey Sam, that's awesome. I will guess that you are happy with the turbo. There is much more in it. Fix that traction problem and go for 9's...

Thanks Dave , Transmission shifts great , rock solid all gears and thanks for finding that turbo for me . Call me when you get a chance tonight .