My El Camino Hybrid...(56k warning)

I wouln't call the wiring adaptation easy, but possible with an understanding of auto electrical circuits and be able to read wiring diagrams. Sorry, i don't have extra copies of electrical diagrams. The alldata diagrams are the same as GM and the Chilton versions are poor to say the least. Good luck with your swap.

Steven

I'm used to wiring much more complex circuits than that. ;)

I don't remember looking at the style connectors on the square connector, but I would assume you can simply steal the wiring from the donor car instead of using new wiring?

Hopefully I start on it this week or next. I don't think it will be much issue. Good to know that Alldata shows the correct wiring, I can get that info easily.

Thanks. :cool:

Guys, I found putting an LC2 into my Iroc was far easier (as far as wiring) than putting the TPI in the elky. Seemed alot more straight forward. I know gnttype.org used to have all the wiring schematics. I think I still have them printed out somewhere if you can't find them.

Dave, what happened to the original T Type donor? In that pic it looks nicer than mine, same color too!

Dave, what happened to the original T Type donor? In that pic it looks nicer than mine, same color too!

It was stolen and recovered totalled :mad: It was such a bummer because after 2 months of trying to get in touch with the right person I got in contact directly with someone on the Stolen Car Task force that a buddy hooked me up with and he found it within 24hrs. He knew all of the right places to look. All of the damage was to the rear of the car so the drivetrain was solid. It's currently in car heaven mostly. A lot of parts are living on in other cars. Mine was dark chestnut. I think yours is the lighter shade correct?

edit to add pic of what it looked like just before it was recycled.

34rf9c6.jpg

I didn't realize that was the one you told me about. That sucks but at least it lives on and helped a few others.
btw, yes mine is the lighter color. Kinda like how yours shows a little orange-gold in the photo, that would be a nice custom mix.

Well yesterday Steve and I worked on the El Camino for pretty much most of the day. I worked on the brakes mostly and Steve installed his SMC Alcohol Injection kit. I must say I am VERY impressed with the way it's running especially since it's rocking a stock intercooler. I can only have wet dreams about how it would feel with a nice FMIC stuffed in the front Anyway, here are some videos fof the El Camino from yesterday. Big thanks to Steve :cool:

El Camino Tune

El Camino Tune 2

El Camino Tune 3

El Camino Hard Pull

No Alcohol...DOH!

El Camino Night Tune

El Camino Launch