My E36 318ti Hybrid

I decided to give a quick update on the project and it is nearly complete, here is a current engine shot. Keep in mind i still have some brackets to make and install the a/c lines but I think its starting to look factory. current.jpg

Well after driving the car around for a bit and working out some of the bugs, the factory MAF died on me. I decided to go speed density and get rid of the MAF completely, it will save a little bit of room in an already tight engine bay. Has anyone else used the maft pro setup and how did you like or hate it?

I still run it with the extender pro chip and lc-1 wideband and boost selonoid in SD mode and have not had any problems. It took a little bit to fully understand how to tune with it. I did a lot of reading and digging into old posts over on Full Throttles forum. Once you get a good base tune its just tweaking here and there like anything else.

Now that they are older and not too many people seem to be running them anymore you can pick em up for a pretty reasonable price. I know someone who has a setup for sale if your interested, I have to check but I think he wants $375 or so. It includes the MAFTPRO box, instruction manual, EPROM burned for 55-lb. injectors , High Boost Solenoid, Boost Solenoid PnP Adapter, MAFTPRO PnP Adapter (for the ECM harness), and MAT Extension Harness.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but I have one of those setups I bought last week for 200 on cl. I was hoping it was a good buy. It didnt come with some of the things that you mentioned but it should work out for me
Thanks for for your input, and good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the offer but I have one of those setups I bought last week for 200 on cl. I was hoping it was a good buy. It didnt come with some of the things that you mentioned but it should work out for me
Thanks for for your input, and good luck with the sale.

No problem man, good deal! I bought my whole setup new, years ago and with everything total I think I ended up spending around $800 if memory serves me correct. I hope you like it and it works for you. Full Throttles forum really helped me understand everything.