My day at Barona

Flaco

N/A
Ok so I went to barona yesterday to see if I could do better at thier strip. It was really hot out there at first about 100 or so. The race didnt start till about 6 or 7 when the sun was setting. Anywho prior to my arrival I opened up the buick on a straight road and only saw 17 to 18 pounds of boost. It was odd since its always at 20. Also I noticed I would gain 4 pounds of boost just by opening the dump. I figured the heat and altitude might have affected my car.

At the track it was pretty cool, lots of beefy muscle cars, many had parachutes on them. I linked up with Don and mooched off his shade, ice cold water, and tools:D Anywho the tech was easy not all up in my car like the Q. Here are my results.

M/T slicks @ 10Psi. the whole night and 21 pounds of boost with open dump after I worked out the boost issue. oh and my fuel tank was 3 quarters full, I filled up the night before...rookie mistake:mad:

Run 1. my slowest of the night 60 ft: 2.0 1/8: 8.14 @ 88Mph with boost at 18pounds.

I then did other runs that were also low 8s as I tried to see if the cool night air would bring my boost up. After I saw no change I opened the dump trying to see if that would increase my boost but it had no effect maybe 1 pound of boost if even that.

So I spoke with Lou who told me to increase the boost with the RJC boost controller. I gave it two turns and after that I did a run at 7.9 with a 2.0 R/T at 84 Mph. My launch was not to crazy I just wanted to see were my boost was at. I noticed I was at a solid 21 pounds of boost WOT.

I then decided since thats were I feel comfortable with the boost, I tried building boost at the line.

My first run with boost building ( 1 or 2 pounds) I ran a 7.747 @ 92 MPH. and a 1.8 60ft.:smile: The tires were hooking pretty good.

Now that I was happy to beat my old 7.8 at the Q, I did a few runs with my girl and hit a 7.8 with her in the car and got yelled at for going too fast by the track folk. I than ran a 12 flat the next time:biggrin:

My last run shocked even me and heres why.

I line up against a truck so I just said what ever and figured ill focus on my 60ft and try to build at least 3 pounds of boost. Well I did it and got a 1.820 60ft a 7.5 1/8 @ 93 Mph:biggrin: If memory serves me correctly theres a chicken coupe that got a 7.4 at 94mph with ported heads and intake...I forget his name;) Don saw my slip so he can verify Im not making numbers up.

My kills include:

Charger SRT-8 with slicks
corvette by a c*nt hair ( this is when I was at 18 pounds of boost)
a beefy monte carlo. ( I red lighted but mr muscle could not catch me) and some imports and mustangs. Pretty much the only cars that beat me were not street legal. Oh and I did have a close run against a nice older mustang when I entered a 1 dollar bracket race. He got a 7.8 I got a 7.7. I lost I went to fast:p

I got video of most of my runs I will post them up.

All in all good times. Thanks Lou for building an awesome ride. Now I know the car can go into the 11's I just gotta work on my launch and 60ft. I smell roasted chicken.....:biggrin:

Go to youtube and type in 1EVLV6 and it will take you to my vids. enjoy.:smile:

Nice:cool: Always a good night when nothing breaks AND you get a new PB:cool: Congrats. Barona is a well run track, they keep the lanes moving quickly and the prep is top notch. Now if it only were 660' longer:wink:

Alan

Congrats, Flaco!
I'll check you out on Youtube.

You should be able to hit it with more boost at the line....5-7 lbs and bring those' ET's down even more.

Now with that said...when the chicken coupe did it's 7.4...I was launching at about 0 boost and it was my first time to the track.

Since then, I have a hand full of 1/8's in the 7.30's from my second time to the track....and it's got more in it...

What kind of turbo are you running? In your GN vs. Eclipse video that thing sounds like a damn jet airplane :cool:

I also like how your girl was clowning on your opponent LOL...man, life is so much easier when you have a chick that "gets" you!

What kind of turbo are you running? In your GN vs. Eclipse video that thing sounds like a damn jet airplane :cool:

I also like how your girl was clowning on your opponent LOL...man, life is so much easier when you have a chick that "gets" you!

Yeah my girl is pretty awesome. After a few runs in the Buick she was hooked.
That run against the eclipse was with my old stock turbo. Just giving it a proper send off