My converter bolts keep loosening

Just install my new converter few months ago and notice my bolts keep coming loose. Is there way to go about keeping them tight?

Just install my new converter few months ago and notice my bolts keep coming loose. Is there way to go about keeping them tight?

Safe to assume you went with an after-market converter? Are you using the same bolts that came with the stock..If so, that's the reason why.

torque converter bolts need to be installed with loktite..i use blue on them

Blue locktite and make sure you use the bolts that came with the ptc converter, when I ordered mine it shipped with new bolts.

my guess its not a 9.5 , those converters use a larger 7/16 bolt that needs the flywheel to be drilled out

stock was m10x 1.5 but the ptc 10" might not be metric , it may be 3/8-24 fine thread and unless you bought it used it should have come with the required bolts

At least you realized that your bolts came loose. I was in the process of tearing my engine down thinking that I had a horrible engine knock. One nut was gone , one was working it's way off and the last one was loose. That's when I got some locktite and info on proper converter spacing.

I was on my way to tear it down until I touch my converter bolt and seen how loose it was. Good thing for the board and everybody here for the input. Went out last nite and put up locktite. Now I can move on to my transmission pan little leak. Thanks for all the help