My birthday present

6APPEAL

Well I just couldn't resist the GM Employee pricing any more. My wife got tired of hearing me talk about a new truck, so told me to go buy myself a new truck.
So..... I bought a 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab, Duramax Diesel, Black (as if there was another color).
She did mention that it is my Father's Day, birthday and anniversary (June 27th) present. :p
John

Nice truck my buddy Scott has one 2005 silver color.

Long bed.

Takes up 2 parking spots. :p

Congrats on the new rig. Is this your first diesel? If so, your in for trouble.....a gas truck will never do again. The torque these monsters produce is purely addictive. Are you going to add a chip or programmer to your truck. They are the GN's of today.....for $700 or less you can add up to 160 hp and 200lb-ft. of torque.

Yea, this is my 1st diesel. I've got several friends that have had them for years. I've had those same friends tell me that I'll never have to buy another truck and if I do I'll never buy another gas burner. I've always been impressed with their towing ability, as in the ability to pass traffic while towing a 32 foot tag enclosed trailer with a car in it. My C1500 did not enjoy pulling one of the GN's on my 22 foot dovetail open trailer, especially with the box on the front of the trailer loaded up with supplies.
I'll do a programmer later, right now the truck has more power than I need. I'll probably not even know the car and trailer are behind me. The diesel is almost matching the fuel mileage I was getting with the gas burner driving back and forth to work. Now I need to start working on the wife for the 32 foot 5th wheel enclosed, with air, before Nats next year ;) :D ! I've got to get some pics taken.

One other thing, does anyone know of or use any diesel boards similar to this board? TIA
John

My wife laid the cash down for my truck in 2003 indicating it was my birthday present for the rest of my life. She stuck to her word. That was the best and last birthday present I ever got from her. :)

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 144
I drove a friends 2500HD this winter hauling a couple of sleds up north.
I think that thing could probably pull a house off its foundation.
Nice truck!