My 87 limited 53k miles new motor. Nice car

I hate to tell ya this, but it is NOT a Limited. It has a limited emblem on the back but that's about it. Limiteds came with the "plush" bench seats, column shift, and the "coffin" pull straps on the door. The VIN number also denotes if it's a limited. The 1st 5 numbers (for 1987) are always 1G4GM yours like mine is 1G4GJ. Now, that being said, it is a hell of a nice looking clean, specimen. If I had the room or the money I'd have 10 of these cars. Good luck with the sale.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hate to tell ya this, but it is NOT a Limited. It has a limited emblem on the back but that's about it. Limiteds came with the "plush" bench seats, column shift, and the "coffin" pull straps on the door. The VIN number also denotes if it's a limited. The 1st 5 numbers (for 1987) are always 1G4GM yours like mine is 1G4GJ. Now, that being said, it is a hell of a nice looking clean, specimen. If I had the room or the money I'd have 10 of these cars. Good luck with the sale.

Hmmm. So what is it then a Turbo T?

It could be one of a few reasons why it appears how it does, just remember in 1987 even the V8 T packaged cars could have console shift and bucket seats option put in just like the turbo v6 cars could. Heck there are a couple with manual chrome mirrors that somehow exist, that were suppose to have the sport mirrors so anything could of been possible.
It's possible someone to try to disguise and wanted to make the car look more unique may of added the limited badging emblems to the car after the fact.
Someone obviously went to the trouble of paint matching and installing the rear spoiler on the car to make it look unique. It was possible they didnt order it with the black out WO2 option and opted for the chrome headlight bezels, fender trim, window trim and tail light trim. It doesnt have the side lower front fender marker lights that limiteds usually had, on top of the other few differences. Would be interesting if the RPO tag was intact to see what option codes it came with. Also be interesting to see what the cowl tag plate shows as well.
It is a very nice looking car, good luck with selling.

Last edited:
Appears to be a regular grey turbo Regal, with chrome package, but not with the extra rocker chrome option. I know, I have a T that is a limited look alike from the factory, more so than this one. The limited badge on this car is also not placed correctly.

7.png

AS13_r590_01.jpg

1987limitedbrownlightbrown.jpg

The limited emblem should be placed like they are near the Regal emblem like on these cars, is what was meant by that.

You're nuts if you were to let it get scraped. Still a nice TR.

No didn't think it one bit, i merely was saying "if you considered doing such".
GL