My 87 GN - Turbo LQ4 swap

Sweet...subscribed...did you wire the ecm yourself, or buy a harness, sorry if already stated.

that thing sounds awsome.... great job has to be so satisfing to finally here it run. I am next but I have to find a way to keep the a/c ...

that thing sounds awsome.... great job has to be so satisfing to finally here it run. I am next but I have to find a way to keep the a/c ...
Thanks guys. The ac was contemplated, but not possible on mine. If you do one with a smaller down pipe the ac/heater box will fit. Compressor room is another problem. Good luck!

Thanks dudes. BandAid the hardest part is getting started on it, after that you will be angry that it's taking up your garage so you will be out there getting after it. Waiting for parts was horrible, order as much as you can at once...Also the hot side takes a lot of thought and mistakes before you get it like you want it.

Took it around the neighborhood again tonight, it ran fine. I got it to make 1psi with the gate all the way open and part throttle (still haven't got the throttle cable adjusted enough yet to go WOT) and it sounded really cool, even running through the exhaust.

Wow.. Driving it, already! Mine is in so many piles, it'll be a yr, just to be able to roll it around!
Now, I'm doing the rear frame narrowing, trying to get a home made a/c compressor brkt made, yadda, yadda.....

yeah well I skipped the frame narrowing and air conditioning, so I didn't have to jack with that. Plus I got the good idea to use my factory harness from some guy named Chuck from Georgia ;) and that made mine come together quicker.

Ran the car in Noble. On 0 boost launch and ~11-12psi max boost, letting out around the 1000-1100 ft mark, it went 11.29@115. I think it has a 10 in it, but it'll have to be next year. I blew the transmission up yesterday driving around by my house, so the stock 200-4r is coming out. I may go through the engine too, the oil pressure is too low for my liking when hot.

Car pulls great, especially for such low boost and such a high mile engine.

I was the same way until I went through 3 oil leaking, explosive 6 cylinders. My only regret is that it will not have the annoying buzzing sound. Other than that, I'm 100% pro-LS swap for these.

Me too. I'm an LC2 and TR purist.
But as I always say - that's the beauty of the G-body.
It adapts so many powertrain combos - it's an amazing platform.

But I still like to jive with the Hemi boys and make sure they know I have only 231 CI to their - whatever...400/500 something..

And when the LC2 231 runs right - it can still be a thrifty little engine on gas.
Not that many of us ever get to enjoy that aspect - with right foot forward routines.
But it can.

I'm guessing heavier upgraded springs up front? Monte or GP style.

Ran the car in Noble. On 0 boost launch and ~11-12psi max boost, letting out around the 1000-1100 ft mark, it went 11.29@115. I think it has a 10 in it, but it'll have to be next year. I blew the transmission up yesterday driving around by my house, so the stock 200-4r is coming out. I may go through the engine too, the oil pressure is too low for my liking when hot.

Car pulls great, especially for such low boost and such a high mile engine.

Easy 10 there. Glad you got to run it! :cool:
Time for a 4L80E and 1 of Dusty's converters.....A few more # of boost, a good converter, and it'll run close to 9's w/o breaking a sweat.
Mine is still in a pile. The heads are at the machine shop, the frame is back under the body, the power cables are in, the brake lines are "almost" done.
Gonna be a while. :(

Me too. I'm an LC2 and TR purist.
But as I always say - that's the beauty of the G-body.
It adapts so many powertrain combos - it's an amazing platform.

But I still like to jive with the Hemi boys and make sure they know I have only 231 CI to their - whatever...400/500 something..

And when the LC2 231 runs right - it can still be a thrifty little engine on gas.
Not that many of us ever get to enjoy that aspect - with right foot forward routines.
But it can.

I'm guessing heavier upgraded springs up front? Monte or GP style.
Actually still has stock springs, it sits about the same as it did before.

Easy 10 there. Glad you got to run it! :cool:
Time for a 4L80E and 1 of Dusty's converters.....A few more # of boost, a good converter, and it'll run close to 9's w/o breaking a sweat.
Mine is still in a pile. The heads are at the machine shop, the frame is back under the body, the power cables are in, the brake lines are "almost" done.
Gonna be a while. :(
Get that thing running, you are gonna love it!

Awesome build. Love it. I'm going the same route. Exactly.
Even down to the 200R4. Mine is built a bit so I'll keep it until it breaks then a 4L80 is in store.

Quik question...how did you end up doing the VSS?

I was not sure you could use the 200R4 with a "LS" type engine? I have a Extreme Auto stage 2 sitting here I was just gonna hang on to but I may use it until I get a 4L80e to put in. What all did it take to make it work?