My $30.00 billet(ish) alternator.

This is only one of many one off things I've made for my car. Here's a list of a few more, with links.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/my-87-gn-cruise-air-10-55-et-21-mpg.370097/

The "Spoolfool / Area 51" has been very active lately in the development of new Turbo Buick stuff. I just don't blab about it until things are done. Loose lips sink ships ya know.;) By the end of the year I should have at least one more new, well needed product in production.

You heard about it here first.:D

Mike Barnard

It's not the end of the year yet.:D
I do have some stuff that I've been working on for over a year. When I create things. I'm never happy with them. All I see is how they could have been made better, then I start over until I'm happy. Sometimes, I can be my own worst enemy.:eek:

I hope to have some new stuff to post up soon. Until then, loose lips sink ships.:D

Thanks for the bump.

Mike B.

Haha no problem it was actually for Clay with the advice from Charlie but they couldn't find the thread..keep up the sick work you do

I'm OK with blaming stuff on Charlie.
On T6P, we do it all the time.:D

I gotta comment on this re-do........well done.....well done.

The only thing I will add is that a wood or plastic tooth pick is the ONLY way I retain the brushes anymore. See......learn from my screw up..........if you use a paper clip and forget to remove said paper clip it will fry the internal regulator. They were $50+ Ten years ago. I have not had to buy (2) since. Yep.......I forgot the paper clip and started it up after installation and pop goes the weasle. So I grabbed another regulator I had on the shelf and did it again!!!!! Hey........it was really late and I needed to get my friend to the track. So I ended up pulling my alternator apart and this time used a dang tooth pick instead. This time I remembered to pull it out though. Don't be stupid like me and use something non-conductive. End of lesson.

Not much to replace. Bearings and brushes. My bearings were still good. I found brushes at a local rebuild shop.

Mike B.