My 1986 GN

Joeld

Well, here she is. Still haven't had a chance to wash her. First time she's had a front license plate. The original owner even had the plastic inserts in the original envelope from the dealer, he never put a front plate on. Anyway, took her to the gas station to put in my first tank of gas and of course I run out of gas on the way. Guess what's my favorite movie of the moment? Fun car, installed scanmaster this weekend and I ironed out the IAC and TPS. Now to install fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, and hotwire kit. I've got a 340 fuel pump and manual fuel regulator which will likely come next.

Headiner dropped on me today, that will also be on the short list of must get dones. Oh and as you can see, add bumper fillers to the list, was able to purchase a set locally from a board member.

Only modification the original owner made was the bumper sticker, that will be going when I do the fillers.

Car was totally stock when I got her home a month or two ago, since I've changed all the filters (air filter was original and fuel filter also). All fluids, some vacuum lines and I replaced the powermaster, as the accumulator ball had gone bad. I also had to replace the original tires, some dry rot but still have tread. I've kept everything except fuel filter which I cut up to see how bad, looked good expect for super stinky gas.
DSC_0105.JPG
DSC_0104.JPG

Joel

Thanks peter now it is a matter of sorting out all the gremlins

My goal is a solid stock tune the best i can

Unfortumate that it is really not possible woth at least some enhancements like gauges and hotwire kit

Of course overall objective is to preserve the car while having some fun rides

Joel

That's the tough balance when you find a car like that which is all stock. How far do you mod it? Simple bolt ons so you can go back to stock, or go a lot further than that? But in the end it's your car and do whatever it takes for you to enjoy it is the way I look at it.