My 1986 GN engine bay project is finally done have a look...

Yeah you're right I could probably get a decent deal if I took a bunch of stuff. Well I spray painted my valve covers just last week so we'll see how fast regular paint fails.

Looks great......:biggrin:

If you would find out what what ceramic he is using? Just curious.

Yeah you're right I could probably get a decent deal if I took a bunch of stuff. Well I spray painted my valve covers just last week so we'll see how fast regular paint fails.

I found the heat from the engine bay and the fact that these cars seem to mist the engine bay with oil under boost it's just not a happy play for spray paint. I predict you get 2 years tops out of them with the spray paint. ;)

Looks great......:biggrin:

Thanks mar

If you would find out what what ceramic he is using? Just curious.

Man.....looks Great!!!!!!!!

As far as I know it's the same ceramic that jet hott uses. The nice part about ceramic is it's dipped and not sprayed like the powder. Then cooked on. So you can hit it with a hammer and it won't chip off. Another nice part about the ceramic is you can polish it. The more you polish it the more it looks like chrome. The up pipe is also ceramic coated. But you can polish it to a mirror finish. Under high heat sometimes it gets caulk looking but it will polish right back up.

the engine bay

Jim,

Way better than new. Will you be bringing this one to BG?

Dean

Thanks for the compliments guys! :cool: I got my turbo tweak chip today the final part! I can't wait to run over there tomorrow, put it in, and fire the car up! I have to adjust the TPS and a few other things and I'm gonna take that sucker out for a ride tomorrow! I can't wait! My favorite part.. driving them! :)

Dean: I'm thinking about taking this one to BG this year! I have my GTA rims on it now I'm hoping to get a set of GN rims re-chromed and put them on before BG. If not BG Ohio for sure! I can't wait to get your in person seal of approval on it! :D

It's ALIVE!! :)

Well it's alive again. Ran into a ripped o ring on an injector the first try. Had to pull the rail back off and put a new o ring on but it's up and running once again without all the smoke from the previous bad turbo that was on the car. The chip Eric made me is awesome as usual. I asked him to make it a little on the fat side with fuel as it will just be a show car. 900's 02's on WOT with no knock at all. Works for me! :D Had it over the house for some pics with my real camera.. The engine bay pics almost look fake it's so clean! Was nice to cruise around today with the roof open. The only thing that sucked was the car was yellow by the time I got home there is so much pollen in the air! I still have to put on my new overflow bottle and clean up the PM. I tossed the GTA rims on it and it's wearing the 86 grill again!

IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2747.JPG

Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll have it in Ohio at the BPG event so if you go you can see it in person! :)