Multi disk Vigalante users(did you install restrictor or not)

Of precision multidisk users, who has installed restrictor fitting?

• restrictor installed

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • restrictor not installed

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turbomatt

I have a Precision Industries Vigalante 5 clutch and I am currently trying to solve a problem. It is believed the pump tube is sucking air and/or causing a leak(pressure problems). The restrictor that is supplied to be installed in the fluid out line to cooler is currently not being used(as I and others think it is probably not good to restrict cooler flow) . I am wondering if this needs to be in place in order to stop the tube from leaking/sucking air. I know the obvious next step should be to install restrictor and see, but trans is at a reputable builder and one is not readily available. I would like to poll everyone that has a vigilante (multi disk only) and see who has installed the restrictor and who hasn't. If someone has not installed it and had problems let me know. Or if anyone has input please post. I have been without trans for 2 yrs(long story) and I am finding out that my problems all along have been due to the pump tube. Bruce, I already know what you are going to say, but please post anyway.:D Thanks in advance to all that answer and vote.

Multi disk

I fell that the hole is awfully small, so I opened mine up 1/2 the size difference. Works fine. Also am running a trans now that has the factory fitting in it, I can/t tell any difference.
On the sucking air, are you sure the tube in sealed?
I put epoxy all around mine.
Precisions instructions leave a lot to be desired.
They also fail to mention the rattle that a lot of them make at idle
I will have to say I like the conv. and would recommend it.
It is just that I would like for vendors to be more up front.
It make me a little leary of vendors, with some of the deals they have been trying to put over lately.

epoxy

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we epoxied it also. Pump tube was installed by one trans vendor and I have it at another now. In our case epoxy did not seem to help. We have instructions on the way, we are hoping to find a problem with pump tube installation, seems straight forward though. I have also heard instructions are vague. I wonder if Precision would install tube if you send them a pump? Hrrrmmmmmm? Thanks for help Lee.