Msd

I run a non HO DIS4 and have had no problem on my Stage 2 FAST equipped car, but I don't spin this thing quite as far as you do Richie. I can get the lot number off it need be....

MSD & Fast

I have a msd that has never worked for me. Im going to give it one more try fri. I changed my D.P. to a four inch. I found that the 3" was causing to much back pres. and the hotter spark may hve made things even worse.One ? For MSD users on switch 1 #4 do you use waste spark on or off ?

ON for the Buick CoilPaks.

And where are you guys finding the lot number and inspector name? I just looked at mine and can't see anything but I didn't remove it so are the numbers on the bottom?

Richie,

I'm not using a Fast. Im using a Max Eff-R. If the one your using doesnt work you can try mine if you like.

Chris,
mine was on the side of the unit with a round pink sticker about the size of a nickle.

msd lot#

Went to the track friday 1st. pass without msd ran fine. 2nd. with msd ran awful. 3rd. pass without msd ran fine. Its worthless junk!

You did not specify, as others have.
---------------------------------------------

Seems the HO units are more problematic than the non-HO units.

What the majority of the misbehaving MSD units also appear to have in common is the FAST ECM.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

thanks for the help guys.
I will be talking to spike at the first of the week about all the problems again. It does look like most of the problems are with the HO box.
I think I have fixed my problem made 5 runs this weekend and the last to the mph came back and the miss was not there. I have a race this weekend and if it does alright I will say that it is fixed for sure.
richie

MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Thanks for all you've personally done to research and track this problem down and communicate with MSD to get a permanent fix, if the problem is entirely on their end.

Please keep us updated after your next talks with Spike.

Been using Autotronic components for nearly 30 years,
& always been very impressed & well-treated by their tech
& service personnel.

Thanks again, Richie! :)

Guys I was thinking. Is there any way MSD can troubleshoot the problem with a box installed in the car. Im sure they have the ability to scope it and find the problem. There may be a problem inherent to just our cars ???

Part 2... Are there any guys willing to take their car to MSD facillities, I believe they are in El Paso TX. I know for a fact that there are a bunch of Fast Buicks in TX that likely would be willing to help.

Just shooting in the dark...:eek:

yes that would be nice but would they (MSD) be willing to do that? It does seem to be with the buicks now, they had a problem with the mustangs but have that fixed now. I still have not heard back from spike. Any more info I'll let u know
richie

There's going to be an offical response from MSD posted here. I'm looking forward to finding out what needs to be done to make one of these boxes work right. MSD is going to take care of the problem with my box.

Originally posted by 10SV6
There's going to be an offical response from MSD posted here. I'm looking forward to finding out what needs to be done to make one of these boxes work right. MSD is going to take care of the problem with my box.

Sounds like your are in touch with them. Any idea when this response is going to be? Ive never had problems out of my MSD stuff. Once i had a 6AL box crap out and they took care of it right away. So with that in mind im hoping that they are hard at work on this problem and will get back with us ASAP.

Spike said yesterday that he had about 80% of the information that he needed. After he gets the rest they'll put together the response.

MSD DIS Units

MSD Ignition is aware of your concerns. I have met with Engineers, Management, Electronic Techs and Testing Supervisors to get a handle on these issues. There will be an official post here in the next few days pertaining to our findings. MSD Ignition is also willing to work with one of your cars at our manufacturing facility in El Paso, TX. One of our Engineers will demonstrate the ignition signals on a scope which will help in our quest to rectify your concerns. After our official post I will monitor this site weekly and get in touch with whoever is willing to work with us using their car here in Texas.

Thank You,

Spike Clapper
Customer Service Manager
MSD Ignition

Thanks

Spike,

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and being willing to work with us. I am looking foward to hearing your results!