MSD Dist.

meach13

Narrow A$$ Racing
I am going to run a FAST system on a corvette, I am wanting to run a MSD pro billet dist. Looking for the part # of a msd dist that i can use for the crank trigger pickup. Would like to stay away from buying a crank trigger and billet dist. This is a 408 with a race harness.

Also does anyone know when they will release the new FAST

I tried that route, and I'm pretty sure you'll end up getting a crank trigger also to phase the rotor in. There's a way to do it in the dist, but you'll have to reposition the roll pin, or buy a phasable rotor. I used the 85551 dist.

That MSD cam sync distributor looks like a nice piece. Expensive though. If you're only going to be running a bank to bank system all you need is a standard type MSD distributor for a SBC. The sequentials need the cam signal for the individual cylinder stuff. The C4 crank pulley clearance to the steering rack is real tight without sandwiching a crank trigger wheel in there.

I'm going to be trying to use an Accel dual sync on my '90 with a sequential box. Mallory makes this for Accel. Had the box converted to hall effect sensors for the crank and cam signals. On paper this should work. I looked at setting up a crank trigger, but really didn't see good clearance for it.

yes that is my problem is clearance This is a dist that somebody recommended i am using a bank to bank setup I dont know if all of the msd pro billets and the right pickup for the FAST system

Your box needs to be configured for an inductive pickup ignition to use the MSD distributors. You're also going to need an external ignition box (MSD 6,7,8 or other brand) if you don't already have one. The output wires from the distributor are going to go to the crank sensor input pins on the FAST box. The points wire from the FAST is going to go to the ignition box.

Thanks for the reply the 408 should be here in the next two weeks Then we are going to order the fast unit Hopefully the New fast will be out by then.

Originally posted by 10SV6

I'm going to be trying to use an Accel dual sync on my '90 with a sequential box. Mallory makes this for Accel. Had the box converted to hall effect sensors for the crank and cam signals. On paper this should work. I looked at setting up a crank trigger, but really didn't see good clearance for it.

My brother is using the Mallory dual sync on his Syclone with a
SFI FAST. It took 6 months to get from Mallory but it works great!

I have used the MSD pro biillet with a single pickup on some FAST EFI cars.

You don't need a crank triger, just a phasable rotor and a bit of patience.

1. Turn the motor to the crank ref angle (say 50*)
2. Put dist in with one of the reluctor teeth pointing directly at the magnet.
3. Turn the motor to the timing you are going to run (say 34*)
4. Adjust thr rotor to point the brass pointer at #1 plug wire lug in the cap.