MSD DIS 4, where did you mount YOURS?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Trying to get an idea on where I want to mount the MSD DIS 4 ignition I just purchased. Anyone?

Scott

Scott,

I agree with Woody. There are very few real options since you only have a limited length of wiring from the MSD box to the coil pack. I did just what Woody stated. I never missed my windshield washers since they haven't worked for years anyway.

Neal

Scott,
I have mine mounted underneath the K & N air filter on a piece of black plexi glass. The wires still make it there, and it is not that visible from their. Good luck.;)

No, they won't make it. They give you more wire,(same colors too) I cut and soldered mine. Little bit of a pain but it worked.

Not to change the subject, but when is it a good idea to get a DIS 4? I am hoping for high ten's this fall, so do I need this? Thanks!

Originally posted by TURBO 6
Not to change the subject, but when is it a good idea to get a DIS 4? I am hoping for high ten's this fall, so do I need this? Thanks!

You might think of going with the eDIST, from FAST.

CDI's advantage is fast rise times. Trouble is that while it generates a real fast volatge rise, the amperage suffers, so they crutch that with multispark.
GREAT for a V8 which runs out of dwell time at 6K RPM, but isn't an issue with the v6 buicks.

Coil near Plug eDist insures all the ignition power you could ever need