MSD DIS-4 HO: Base spark plug gap

Luke

I imagine the MSD DIS-4's would allow you to gap your spark plugs wider. Does anyone know what a good baseline to start at would be?

I've been gapping mine at .035. Havent tried higher yet. No missfires. 6900 rpm.

If you are getting the MSD it's probably because you are running a lot of boost, which increases the chance of spark blow out. IMO, don't bother going past .035, not worth the chance of missing at high boost levels.

If you plan on running low boost and getting better gas mileage then bump the gap past .035. ;)

If you are getting the MSD it's probably because you are running a lot of boost, which increases the chance of spark blow out. IMO, don't bother going past .035, not worth the chance of missing at high boost levels.

If you plan on running low boost and getting better gas mileage then bump the gap past .035. ;)

What increment should I be using to judge my gap according to boost?

25-30psi - .032
20-25psi - .035
15-20psi - .038
etc...

Does this sound reasonable?

How much boost?

I've been gapping mine at .035. Havent tried higher yet. No missfires. 6900 rpm.

Thanks for your input. How much boost are you running? I've heard of people gapping their plugs at .027 or lower (with stock ignition) to compensate for boost levels nearing 30psi.