MSD 6a

MSD DIS 4 or DIGITAL 6,
(MSD Ignition 8870 - MSD Coil Interface Modules - Overview - SummitRacing.com MSD Ignition 62153 - MSD DIS-4 Plus HO Digital Ignitions - Overview - SummitRacing.com MSD Ignition 6520 - MSD Digital-6 Plus CD Ignitions - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I was gonna go this route, But just got better wires, coil/mod upgrade. your stock setup should be fine meaing (86/87 upgrades), just get better wires, new coil etc. I think alot of guys would agree, stock setup is fine. Since it's yours tho, these should work, good luck.

one of those where used on history channel, they had a special, history of the turbocharger(something). Great show, they had Hotair GNs on there, 2 teams, 2 firefighters, 2 average joe's( i think) They had to fix up the cars. Which ever team had the lowest ET's won the hotair GN's. The best/sad part was joe's lost due to bad fuel pump relay. All those new parts, lost because a 10$ part.

MSD boxes

I've used them on the track & the street and they always worked great for me - usually the idle is smoother and starts easier on "built" engines compared to single spark stock ignitions.

Often need to get their tach adapter too though, since many stock & cheaper aftermarket tachs won't work off the msd's tach output. They always tell you what the tach adapter part number is that you might need in the ignition box installation instructions.

D.T.
DarrenTurner.ca - Official website of the Canadian race car driver

For the price of the msd 6al box, new coil and module- you can buy bobs tr6 and be done