Mph

cool 84

Got hotair?
You need to work on your 60'. I know your pain. I only went 1/10 faster than you but I ran 110mph. The worst thing is if my boost hadn't fallen to 13psi on the big end I would've had even more mph with close to the same ET.

damn i thougt i was off at the best of 104.9 but you got me beat on that ..im the same way even at my mph it should break in the 12's but i havent had a chance to be on real good tires and have good weather at the same time..

hopefully i'll break the bearier this weekend cause im ready to pull that thing out but i just cant get myself to give up on that 12:99..:)

106 should get you mid 12's... my 86 went 12.88@106 on a pegleg.

My current combo went 112 in street trim, which, with traction should be a low 12..

Me too! Track time September 1st. A lot of tuning to do before than, got some race gas and crank the boost to 18-19psi. Tuning with turbolink, and I have a borrowed set of slicks in great condition. Best guess on times with race gas/slicks and 18+ psi? See sig. for mods.

if your running 106 with a 13.0 your probably cutting a 2.0 60'. If you nailed a 1.6 60' you could slap down a 12.60. To answer your question, @ a 106, the best you could run is about a 12.40. Everything seems fine to me. If your already cutting a 1.6 60', then you need top end help.

Buy slicks or work on your suspension!!!

OK basically the long and the short of it is your sh!tty 60 ft. I went 12.148 @ 108.5 with a 1.66 sixty, pullin both wheels at least 8 inches. Traction is where the actions at...

Drew H. Carlton
'85 GN, 12.148 @ 108.5, NO IC, NO SPRAY
Times run with oil blowin TA33 and 38lb inj.
New TA54 and MSD 50's are installed and yet to get to track...

The above post from "Boost231" running 13.0@106 was with slicks. We had a best of a 1.7 sixty foot running the 13.0 pass. he is probably loosing top end charge, since we are not haveing traction problems. He needs to junk that stock intake,and get a transbrake. Then we might see mid 12's@110mph out of it.

Another reason it only ran 13.0 is we could not get that converter to stall past 2000rpm. We were launching with no more than 3 pounds of boost. We need a looser converter.

How come you ask the same questions everytime you post? Why is my car slow? Shouldn't it be quicker for the parts I have on it? Why won't my car 60'? Most of you guys on this board have enough $ in parts to go 8's. It is the whole combo that makes the car go fast. It is not the size of the intercooler, TB, turbo, fully ported intake, etc. Most of you guys have too much turbo. Pick what you want to run. If you want to go 12's, don't buy a turbo that flows 1300 cfm. These cars are simple to build, and can be cheap when you think about what you want the car to do. Don't go for the ricer ahh-factor (I have a turbo from a semi, FM IC from a semi, cam for a 10,000 rpm indy engine), you will get beaten by a stocker. All of my cars have mostly stock parts. The 86 is the most modded, I have a 3" exhaust on it. Smart mods, not the most expensive mods. Sure on paper your car will sound fast, but when it goes slower than a stocker, then all of your $ was a waste.

Another thought....

When you say it wont stall past 2000, is it because the wheels will spin? Are there any mods done to the rear brakes? The S-10 wheel cylinders are cheap and easy to install and make a big difference. Also 4 long, soft compound rear shoes are also a nice touch.

Jsut another .02...

Drew

AMEN hotair85t-type!!! These cars aren't that hard to build... I've gone 13.60's @ 99 with a hot air motor in a FWD chassis that weighs over 3800 lbs! I haven't spent hardly ANY money on the engine... K&N, 21 psi boost, good fuel, elec. fan, and a chip. That's it. It's gone 1.869 60 foot with the stock D5 converter too! Don't get me wrong though, I've spent ALOT of money on other stuff that didn't do very much for me. But hey, you've got to try stuff or you'll never go faster right?

BTW, my '87 GN went 12.26 @ 105 1.63 60 foot before some of the latest mods. I understand that most people can't get that low of an ET with only 105 mph, but it's all in the combo, and how you drive it.

By the way boost231, in your sig... It's Mickey Thompson, not Mickey Thomas. Maybe you've got the wrong tires on it! ;)