MPE 3" downpipe question

irockwithdirt

For those who have one........ anyone encounter any "Problems" installing theirs? I've ground so much "stuff" off a so much "stuff" I'm starting to worry.

mease dp

i was looking at the mease dp for my car and wanted to know what did you have to grind? how was the fit? did you get it working and what was the improvement in performance like?thanks andy

mease 3 in dp

Ive got one on my car, and didnt have to grind anything. Just got the car back together so havent drove it a whole lot yet, just thought Id let you guys know, i didnt have to grind anything, and it fit right in.

matt

I will try to post some pics soon. Got it on the car and it did fit.

Had to cut off ac box heat shield and grind several of the bosses and quite a bit of meat off of it. Its right on it and one of the ac lines now (gonna try'n bend ac line away, just haven't yet).

Had to grind the up pipe mounting flange completely off the rear of my postons. Hope this doesn't pose any future problems.

Then once on the outlet where the cat mounts was angled down twoard the ground.

Then had to cut 3/4" off my postons crossover to make it fit.

Finally had to add 1" or so to an unnamed 3" cat back exhaust system to make it fit.

No other way this stuff was gonna go

:confused:

And just so this doesn't get ugly I AM NOT TRYING TO BASH VENDORS, b1tch, whine, or moan. Just had never heard of any mention of anyone having to make these changes.

Matt, I remember you saying yours fit right on...........that's kinda why I asked.

Well after 2 years the car is back together and running........still have a small phantom exhaust leak somewhere on the pass side, but as soon as that's fixed the real fun starts.........trying to tune this stinkin thing

:p

Thanks all, Kevin

Have pics yet?

Anyone else have pics of a 3" DP setup on a hotair? I'm looking to make one of my own for our project car (see sig below for info). We do not have A/C or the heater box in the car, so a LOT of room has been freed up.

Any ideas?

just like urs banning i have the a/c and heatbox removed that just made the job way easier when i installed my 3 inch mease dp and well i got mine wit the dump so even wit the cap closed it got louder than stock and spools faster and the turbo man whistles louder i luv it

turbobooster/irockwithdirt...

When you installed your 3" mease, what pipes were you upgrading from? 2.5 atr? stock? just curious as to the gains the 3" will get ya... I have a 3" mease, but i will be putting it on along with a lot of other upgraded goodies at the same time, so i won't be able to judge what part gives what type of gains...

Thanks,
Nathyn

Originally posted by fullahotair
turbobooster/irockwithdirt...

When you installed your 3" mease, what pipes were you upgrading from? 2.5 atr? stock? just curious as to the gains the 3" will get ya... I have a 3" mease, but i will be putting it on along with a lot of other upgraded goodies at the same time, so i won't be able to judge what part gives what type of gains...

Thanks,
Nathyn

I don't have the mease unit but I have the 3" LT downpipe which should flow very close. I upgraded from a Kenne-Bell 2.5" downpipe and the difference in spool and top end power was definately noticable with my TA64. I suspect a lot of the difference is getting rid of the elbow. With the 64, part of the exhaust wheel was blocked even with a ported elbow but you should still see a difference with a smaller turbo.

Unfortunately I'm also doing a ton of changes at once so will have nothing to gauge things against. Never planned it that way. Actualy I've only driven the car once since I got it over 2 years ago........and it ran like crap then. Has been one thing after the other, the more I tore into it the more I found wrong.

Can't wait to see what's next

:p

Irockwithdirt haha..good luck with your car...

Cool84 - thanks for the feedback..i was thinking that the elimination of the elbow would probably be the most significant gain...ufortunately i'll never know as i will be putting on a TA33, ported t-body, ported heads and intake, and ATR headers all at the same time...oh well i guess thats way it goes...

Nathyn

well i can say for myself i run on stock turbo and yea i did upgrade from the stock dp to the mease 3 inch car runs great except for an exhaust leak that only affects me at take off but one thing i really did notice from this upgrade is my car sounds deeper really nice sound to it the turbo got way louder and now when i gun it i do feel it spin my tires much harder and for some reason did through up my boost automatically like 2 or 3 lbs constant wit no problems personally u will feel a difference even more so if ur gonna upgrade other things as well