mounting internal wg

stk6bngr

so i went to put a hd internal wg on my pt54 and none of the holes line up and the braket seems to short????

do i need a different one or am i going to have to fab up a bracket to mount it?

If your actuator has the factory bracket on it with no backing plate welded to it, then it's for a stock TA series turbo. If you actuator does indeed have a backing plate bracket welded to it, then it might be the wrong backing plate bracket. In the past, there were three different styles of backing plate brackets used. I believe that PTE has commonized this, with their newest compressor covers.

I can't stress this enough times, whenever anyone orders a wastegate actuator from any of the turbo vendors, you must be 100% clear on which compressor cover your turbo has. TA style, TO4E, TO4S or H cover. This determines which backing plate clamp gets welded to the actuator.
The backing plate clamp gives the proper bolt hole spacing.
In some cases, you might be able to redrill the holes, and or use washers.
HTH

Patrick

If your actuator has the factory bracket on it with no backing plate welded to it, then it's for a stock TA series turbo. If you actuator does indeed have a backing plate bracket welded to it, then it might be the wrong backing plate bracket. In the past, there were three different styles of backing plate brackets used. I believe that PTE has commonized this, with their newest compressor covers.

I can't stress this enough times, whenever anyone orders a wastegate actuator from any of the turbo vendors, you must be 100% clear on which compressor cover your turbo has. TA style, TO4E, TO4S or H cover. This determines which backing plate clamp gets welded to the actuator.
The backing plate clamp gives the proper bolt hole spacing.
In some cases, you might be able to redrill the holes, and or use washers.
HTH

Patrick

i lined up the holes and im guessing the wg is for a ta style so could i just weld it onto the bracket and it will work?

If you have the skills and your turbo has all of it's backing plate clamps, then yes.
But you need to make sure the the rod on the wastegate actuator moves in a straight push/pull plane without being at an akward angle. Meaning, place the actuator in position over the backing plate clamp with bolts removed. IE: flush up against it. Rotate it so that the rod will be in alignment with the swing valve, taking into affect when the valve opens, that it doesn't put the rod at a bad angle. If the wastegate rod is at a bad angle when the valve opens, it could lead to premature failure of the internal diaphragm.
Once you have this spot determined, mark the bracket with a permanent marker, as well as the bolt holes as it may be necessary to drill a hole in your wastegate. In order to get the bracket on your actuator to line up with the backing plate clamp holes.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

If you have the skills and your turbo has all of it's backing plate clamps, then yes.
But you need to make sure the the rod on the wastegate actuator moves in a straight push/pull plane without being at an akward angle. Meaning, place the actuator in position over the backing plate clamp with bolts removed. IE: flush up against it. Rotate it so that the rod will be in alignment with the swing valve, taking into affect when the valve opens, that it doesn't put the rod at a bad angle. If the wastegate rod is at a bad angle when the valve opens, it could lead to premature failure of the internal diaphragm.
Once you have this spot determined, mark the bracket with a permanent marker, as well as the bolt holes as it may be necessary to drill a hole in your wastegate. In order to get the bracket on your actuator to line up with the backing plate clamp holes.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

cool! thanks for responding i apreciate your help