Mounting fuel cell in trunk

6 beats 8

LIVE BETTER...WORK UNION!
While my car is getting caged, I want to remove my stock tank and add a 15 gal. aluminum fuel cell in the trunk. What is the legal way to mount it? Does it have to be directly attached to the frame with a steel mounting? Or can it be bolted directly to the bottom of the trunk pan? Going with a Aeromotive fuel pump setup.
Thanks!
Ray

While my car is getting caged, I want to remove my stock tank and add a 15 gal. aluminum fuel cell in the trunk. What is the legal way to mount it? Does it have to be directly attached to the frame with a steel mounting? Or can it be bolted directly to the bottom of the trunk pan? Going with a Aeromotive fuel pump setup.
Thanks!
Ray

It can be bolted to the trunk pan, you dont have to tie it into the frame.

I have heard some bad things about those pumps in my research... one source being a performance shop that sells them, said he quit because customers were having problems. If I hear ANYTHING bad about a fuel pump, I want to stay away.

How fast you plan on going? Maybe we can help you choose a pump.

Going low 11's now on mild boost. Like to be safe to run very low 10's (fuel wise)

Going low 11's now on mild boost. Like to be safe to run very low 10's (fuel wise)

Id be safe and get a Magnafuel pump. Its gonna cost you almost $500, but like you said, you want it to be more than enough.

Just my 2 cents. Its what Im gonna buy when I am ready for low 11s.
Mike at Full Throttle has em.

Don't forget the .032" aluminum firewall. Behind the seats as well as the speaker deck.

Id go with Aeromotive before Magnafuel. There are several problems documented on this board with the Magnafuel pumps.

As stated above if you want a trouble free fuel pump that can be driven on the street go with the Weldon 2015.

Just curious, but why do you want to put a fuel cell in your trunk? Doesn't that also mean you have to cut the trunk bed for it?

Id go with Aeromotive before Magnafuel. There are several problems documented on this board with the Magnafuel pumps.

As stated above if you want a trouble free fuel pump that can be driven on the street go with the Weldon 2015.

See... Didnt know that.. Thank you. Not going to get the Magnafuel either now. Weldon is the pump.. I will look into it. Thank you!

Gonna have to save my pennies to afford a $650+ fuel pump!