motorcycle guys in here please

Coupla oldies but goodies--

'76 Sporty, not the least bit stock;
'84 Goldwing, SO stock there's not a single Markland goodie on it!
:D

Don't have much of an answer for your question except that if you want to go on long trips, you won't go wrong getting a bike designed for it!

Attachments

• hd-wing.jpg
    hd-wing.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 272
03 Harley Road King

Looking to mod it this year. I would like to do a Big Bore kit, screaming eagle heads ported and cams. I will get pictures up in am. :cool:

Any good Message boards:confused:

I'd highly recommend a Kawasaki ZRX 1200R. This is the bike that looks like the old Eddie Lawson Replica hench the R at the end. This bike has to be the most versitile motorcycle on the market and does everything so well! Yes, I have an 04 one and love it!! The FJR 1300 is much heavier and can heat you up pretty well I hear in warmer climates. I owned an FJ 1100 and GS1100 years ago and neither compares to the big Rex! It (ZRX) is a detuned (slightly) Ninja 1200 motor and has so much torque. Roughly 500 lbs, 125 HP, in line 4 with carbs, 11 flat quarters, and 43 mpg on average. It also has a nice more upright riding position than most bikes in this category. About $8000 cost and inexpensive to insure as it isn't a torpedo tupperware model! Now I also must get one of my '72 H2's back on the road- rebuild time right now and chasing some hard to get parts. This 2 stroke triple will soon prowl the streets again!! Can you say ring-ding-ding-ding??:cool:

Might wanna check out the Kawasaki Concours - super nice sport touring bike w/ nice size windshield, removable hard bags, 1000cc, and a GREAT bike for the money - I love mine.

Originally posted by NJTurbo
03 Harley Road King

Looking to mod it this year. I would like to do a Big Bore kit, screaming eagle heads ported and cams. I will get pictures up in am. :cool:

Any good Message boards:confused:

Road King = nice bike, but not my cup of tea. Are they programmed in Milwaukee to pull into every tavern they go by??

Just kidding:D Sounds like you have a nice bike, thanks and be safe.

dont sell the v-max!

I sold my vmax and really regretted it.....
there is no other bike that gives you the rush a vmax offers....
the max doesnt handle like a sport bike but sure handles better than most other cruisers... but that v-boost rush after 6000rpm is a very addictive drug ...so addictive that I had to buy another vmax!!!

try putting on a kirban seat, it really helped me on a long ride.
I know the milage is 100 miles on a tank full but thats good enough for me because I can only ride on no matter what kind of bike for no more than a 100 miles at a time before I need a 15 minute break.

Trust me keep the V-MAX!

this is the bike im trying to get. it should be nice enough for road trips i just have to decide if i want the bike or the gn more:confused:

Attachments

• 71739040_1.jpg
    71739040_1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 205
Originally posted by perm01
this is the bike im trying to get. it should be nice enough for road trips i just have to decide if i want the bike or the gn more:confused:

Gorgeous bike, but better stick pretty close to home. Can't see cranking out 6-7 hundred mile days on that. Where you gonna put your clean underwear?? :eek:

Evans,
I have a buddy that has been looking for a nice H2 for a while if you ever want to sell. He has several olds bikes.

He may be able to help you locate some parts also. He LOVES the old triples..

Know anyone that wants a Suzuki GT550?
Ring a ding ding... I like that...

Those Kawasaki Triples are nothing but trouble...Right Evans:D
I mean every time I ride my 72 H1 I get this freakish grin on my face and can't seem to get it off, it's loud, it smokes, it wheelies, everyone stares at it and ask's you questions about it, and it's a hoot at Deal's Gap!
I've got mine up for sale and will probably regret selling it when it goes.

1ARUNEM, your buddy isn't named Rick by any chance is he?

If he wants a nice triple needing nothing, Kurt's would be the way to go with his H1. I've seen it in person and it's nice! I have 2 old H2's but both need full resto right now. Shoot me a PM with your friend's contact info and I'll keep him posted on any I see or hear about.

His name isn't Rick but has sold several bikes to Rick and I have sold him one as well.

Small world eh?:D

I know Rick from the Kawasaki Triples board and have met him at the Gap.
If you know Rick then you must know his buddy that bought an RZ350(actually it was a German RD350 YPVS) here in NC, my friend Pete sold him that.
And you are right, the world is a small place!

Originally posted by BAD87GN
Might wanna check out the Kawasaki Concours - super nice sport touring bike w/ nice size windshield, removable hard bags, 1000cc, and a GREAT bike for the money - I love mine.

Wanna hear something funny? I had a Concours before the Vmax. Nice bike, bullet proof motor and best bang for the buck in the sport touring arena. If I would have kept it I would have put risers on the stock bars, the reach was a little uncomfortable for me on longer rides. Surpringly the FJR 1300 is a more upright position than the Connie.

Good tip though thanks.

Originally posted by teranfon
lieu910

I don't know if its your style, but have you considered an adventure tourer? I've been riding for 30 years and now travel extensively on a Kawasaki KLR 650. Not the fastest or quickest machine out there, but I enjoy the upright riding position and off-road capability. I've owned numerous machines during my riding career and am now on my fourth KLR. Usually put close to 80 000 kilometers on each before any major work. Struck a deer last January on my Alaska trip and ended up with 10 broken bones and a severe dead injury, but I'm told the bike still ran as it skidded down the highway! Adventure bikes such as the Triumph Tiger and BMW GS series are also excellent bikes with excellent reputations for touring.

Terry

Thanks Terry,

My father just got a V-Strom and my friends have BMW GS's. They love them and they really do make great long distance bikes like the KLR. The KLR is a great bike and I'm actually considering all three. What makes the KLR and V-Strom appealing is the lower price. If I decided to spend BMW GS dollars, I would save myself a little and by the FJR.

Originally posted by lieu910
Thanks Terry,

My father just got a V-Strom and my friends have BMW GS's. They love them and they really do make great long distance bikes like the KLR. The KLR is a great bike and I'm actually considering all three. What makes the KLR and V-Strom appealing is the lower price. If I decided to spend BMW GS dollars, I would save myself a little and by the FJR.

How could I have forgotten the V-Strom?! I see more and more of these things on my trips. Everyone seems very happy with them.

OK this is a stretch for me being a diehard Harley rider but if you want a bike thats-
1. Not trying to be a clone
2. VERY reliable
3.Can be had in almost any configuration
4.If you like to "personalize" there's lots of parts avaible

Then consider the Valkery. New or used you couldn't go wrong.
But if you want to ride in "style"...:D