Motor shipping questions NEED HELP!

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
I need to good ways to crate a motor and the weight of a full motor (accessories, headers,turbo, down pipe) for shipping costs.

Also recomendations on freight companies would be helpful.

Andrew

Drewster said:
Also recomendations on freight companies would be helpful.
Yellow Freight.
FWIW, a tranny shipment (without TC) was around $170 from MI to TX

yellow freight. i had an engine shipped from n.y city to chicago for around $480.00 the dude just strapped it to a palet and plastic wrapped it all up.

Have it shipped to a business its normally chearper than to a home address
Freight rates are all over the place so check around

I don't think (hope) he would mind me mentioning this, but please check with Brian before you use Yellow Freight.
Hipsibri@cs.com
It was probably an exception, but we went through some nightmares together with them.

how did the charges get figured out?

How did the charges get figured out? Do they have a scale to weigh the crate/motor? Does weight matter? Or does weight need to be determined ahead of time?

Andrew

Drewster said:
Im gona go a different route.
Andrew

There is a shipping company called Forward Air and they are located near most of the major city airports. You would have to take the engine (attached to a skid) to them and they will ship to the a location that is near the final destination for pickup. I shipped a trans. from Ca. to Ohio and it was $60. If I would have shipped by a trucking company it would have cost me $190.
Jeff