Motor Oil Poll

Which motor oil do/would you prefer?

• Mobil 1 - Super-Syn

Votes: 136 70.8%
  • Kendall GT-1 High Performance (non-syn)

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Castrol GTX (non-syn)

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Castrol Synthetic

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Pennzoil Synthetic

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters

GrndNatnl

Regal of the Dark Order
Which oil do you, or would you perfer, out of those listed? If other, specify. Easier to get results this way, rather then going down a list of replies.

Also read that the zinc in Kendall is better for turbo bearings. Any good words on this?

See, thats what I'm trying to do now. Research on oils. Trying to go with a good one. I'll have to look into the Amsoil.

Good. Keep them votes comming. I want to see what everyones using around here.

Jesse: Where do you get your Kendall? Christiana Auto Parts has it, but thats the only place I know of. Just wondering, because its hard to find.

The AutoZone in Elkton has it on the shelf. If you ever need anything I have connections:D I have been helping Charlie (AutoZone) on getting his GN sorted out and will be building his motor when it comes back from the Machine Shop. I also have a friend that works at Advanced Auto Parts too if you need anything there. Only thing is for the sake of buying it is bigger orders (3-4 cases of oil, etc...). You would be surprised at how much stuff you can get through them for doing the motor, etc...

Don't know about Turbos, but...

A daily Zinc Supplement IS good for your prostate's health.

HTH

:)

LoL Two Lane... good to know. Someone mentioned in the other thread that it helps protect the bearings when the film strength is at its max. Thats a good thing. And Kendall recommends it for turbocharged engines.

Jesse: I'll let ya know if I'm in need of anything. ;) I wouldnt mind stocking up on a few cases of oil. Let me know what you can work out. I work at the Western Auto just down the road from those. But no, we dont carry Kendall oil. Have everything else but. I'm the p/t parts counterman.

Some of you guys should stop by and visit. Work tues & weds nights, and all weekend long. Ask for me. I wont BS you like the rest of the staff sometimes does. WA stuff can be a little higher priced if you're in need of something though.

Intercooler-- Kendall! When using Alchy it is the only choice!

What does using the alcohol have to do with the oil? I don't understand the connection. Thanks.

5w50 Castrol Syntec here. i like the added protection of synthetics and its really cheap assurance if you think about it. the 5w50 covers me in all the ranges which is good in a high heat turbo motor. it smells like oranges too!

Originally posted by Look Quick
What does using the alcohol have to do with the oil? I don't understand the connection. Thanks.
Something I heard in the past at the track from people with alcohol motors and from my machine shop guy about the oil breaking down worse with other oils than Kendall when exposed to alcohol. If you had perfect combustion and nothing made it by the rings it wouldn't matter but that is impossible as you get some fuel in your oil. Alchy getting in the oil with Kendall is better than others.

Alcohol & Oil ??

http://www.mobil1.com/racing/index.jsp

The link above goes to the Indy Racing League page.

IRL cars use Alcohol (not Gasoline) as their fuel...that's why crashes at Indianapolis are especially dangerous, because its flames are invisible.

And Mobil 1 apparently does pretty good in Alky cars!

HTH :)

Ahhh! There's so many opinions and choices!

Well the poll results obviously lean towards Mobile 1. But considering the Kendall was still factory fill oil for these cars, and some GM dealers use it today, I think I might just use a combo of both. In the summer, when I have more money, and the temps are higher, I'll use Mobil, probably 15w-50. For winter cooler weather use, and when I'm too broke for synthetic oil, I'll use GT-1 10w-40. Might as well try out both. I'm interested to see if that obvservation of the motor running "quieter" really happens too.

Thanks for your votes and info again. Continue to vote if you havent already. I like this polling stuff. :cool: