Motor mounts

Joe Kelsch

Eat Mo' Rats
Is there an easy way to change both?

The driver's side seems easiest. It looks like I'd have to pull the starter and maybe the oil filter to get to the passenger side.

buy hr motor mounts and never have to change them again.i would also put the bolt through the motor mount (new mounts)and tighten the nut on it then weld the nut on and save some headaches.with that done take your front wheels off and access motor mounts through wheel wells.i would also check out your headers while your there that way if they are cracked you can get them welded and also have them out way when changing your motor mounts! this is exactly what i had to do on the last car i bought.

You'll have to pull the starter and go through the wheel well to re and re the motor mount on the passenger side...with a universal. I jacked the engine up to make life easier.

Get the car in the air & one guy goes under for the back side & another guy out front with a long socket & its easy. Really need the 2 man approach to it.

I'm putting HR mounts on the car. My headers are fine, but my crossover pipe is full of pinholes. I'm going to replace it with one from Kirban. I have the car in a garage that has access from underneath. I was thinking I could get to the motor mounts that way, but it's not going to work. I'll put my car in the driveway and jack it up and do it like suggested. Thanks for the input guys.