Most power from a PTE 3 bolt .85?

9SECVSIX

What is the most power producing turbo I can have built on a 3 bolt .85 PTE housing? Any BB options? The 88 -3 bolt housing is not a option, I do not want to change the down pipe, currently a TH 3 1/2"

Thanks
9sec.

I have run as fast as 9.10 at 153mph with a GTQ74 at 3270 pounds with me
in it the car.And i will say the turbo was done.

hope this helps
Dennis

I think someone went 158mph with a 3 bolt. I think its on precisions advertisements or site. Not sure what the car weighed though. I think you would be better off with a tangential 4 bolt. My friend replaced his T-76 To4 4 bolt .96 with a Y2K 81 tangential 4 bolt .96 and the top end was incredible vs the t-76. Though he has no times since the upgrade. He went 139mph at 3800lbs with the T-76 and 20psi. He will be looking for 155+mph with the upgrade and a little more boost. If any body has a comparison of pressures in the exhaust between the turbo and engine, please post. This is the data that will show potential for more hp.

gtq 76

i have a GTQ76 3 bolt,( i think i am out of turbo) what is the differance between mine and the GTQ74, mine has a .63 housing. has anyone tryed a bigger housing with out a trans brake? many thanks !

Bamford went 148MPH with the 3 bolt .85 housing. You might want to check with Roy/Laz racing and see what 3 bolt they were running at BG, they went 149 with that piece, so I would go out on a limb to say 150+ is probable with that housing "IF" all the other stuff is right, so 9.0x is very likely with that unit at typical race weights 3400+.

Dennis, that is some impressive times with that turbo.

Thanks Guys.
We have a LT72 -P trim with the .85 housing, just want to be sure we have enough turbo to run in the 9's the motor is a 260" #16 Stg 11 block with Champion Al heads and a 224-224 hyd roller cam. Sounds like putting a GTQ turbine wheel in that turbo would do the trick, shame the turbo only has 4 runs on it.

Thanks
9sec.

I would give the 72 turbo a try before giving up on it. I believe you can run 9s with it. I ran a string of low 10.20s on a PT70GTQ, same motor combo as yours. This was on very low boost.

Congratulations

Louis on a all new best ET at BG :cool: I was really impressed when I read your report, Good news for us Eagle crank users.
This 72 does have the big T cover and the larger 72 wheel ( yes there's more than one) but am only going to get one chance at the track and I want to be sure am not under gunned on turbo for a 9 sec pass. I know this turbo with a 4 bolt housing on the 276" motor would get the job done but this a smaller motor with smaller hyd cam.

9sec.

what was louie's et/mph thinking of getting a stroker 3.625 from mike lite what power can i make, and live will be putting it in a stage 11.

supergn6 said:
what was louie's et/mph thinking of getting a stroker 3.625 from mike lite what power can i make, and live will be putting it in a stage 11.

SuperGN6
Are you asking about my new best on the s2? If so its posted below :cool: