Most common fix for code 42????

2QWIK4U

I thought I had it fixed with new computer for last 3 months but the stupid code 42 has returned. Its been 3 months but not a lot of miles. So, for those of you that have fixed your code 42 problem can you please share exactly what fixed it? Ive read all the info on Vortex etc but would still like to know what you found

My car did that same code a while back when I first started it up , cut if off and cranked it several times and never did it again , I believe it must have been a glitch or something , no ill effects from it . I talked to Bob Bailey and he said sometimes the power logger might do it for some un godly reason . If its a soft code I would not worry about it .

I had that code come up on and off. If I remember correctly it was the harness going into the ign module under coil. I believe a white whire in there became loose. Just went to caspers order new plug w wires soldered and all was well

I had that code come up on and off. If I remember correctly it was the harness going into the ign module under coil. I believe a white whire in there became loose. Just went to caspers order new plug w wires soldered and all was wellTE]
same thing here wired in new plug for ignition module fixed mine

I had that code come up on and off. If I remember correctly it was the harness going into the ign module under coil. I believe a white . in there became loose. Just went to caspers order new plug w wires soldered and all was wellTE]
same thing here wired in new plug for ignition module fixed mine

In my case it was/is the ignition module. Just started intermittently about a week ago with check engine light coming on. Direct Scan showed code 42. Light stayed on going home from work yesterday and all day today. Pulled module and had tested at O'Reilly's. It failed low speed, high speed, EST and everything else. New one will be in tomorrow.

When I had my old laptop hooked up to the DirectScan (which attaches to the ECU in the same way as the PowerLogger does), I would occasionally get a Code 42 if I plugged the laptop's power cord into the power inverter I had connected to the car's battery. Never figured out why. Would just reset the ECU when it happened.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How much of the harness comes with the new harness? How far back do you hafta cut the harness and soldered in?