More Stupid Democrat Criticisms

DOH! 2/23/04 is what I MEANT to type!

Hmmm, sure would be nice to be able to edit your posts......:rolleyes:

I know that it's been asked a few times, but, is there anyone willing to tell us what President Kerry:eek: would do to fix what President Bush has supposedly screwed up? Not just what he says he is going to do, but actual laws, or bills, or anything that the President has the power to do.

Originally posted by GoldT
I know that it's been asked a few times, but, is there anyone willing to tell us what President Kerry:eek: would do to fix what President Bush has supposedly screwed up? Not just what he says he is going to do, but actual laws, or bills, or anything that the President has the power to do.
Sounds like a topic for another thread!

Electoral College

Whenever people post stuff like "Gore got the majority of votes and should have been president", it just shows how uneducated they are of our voting system and the electoral college.

We would need an amendment to the Constitution to change the election system for president.

One should look at the consequences of changing the election system to a majority vote before commenting on it. If you think Al Gore should have been president, then you are for doing away with the electoral system. But if you throw away the electoral system, then you'd be throwing out equal state representation and ruin the balance of government in our country and give less importance to the whole "United States of America' thing. (Ironically, the electoral college gives more recognition to minorities and underepresented people and seems more Democratic in nature than Republican)

If you don't fully understand the electoral college and the reasoning behind it, read up. Have faith in our founding fathers. And Bush isn't the first person to win the presidency without a majority vote......

Here's a good link:
http://www.fec.gov/pages/ecmenu2.htm

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
-murph

Ok you Bush haters, here's your opportunity to SPECIFICALLY outline how Kerry will improve our country issue by issue.

Go here and post your reasons.

1.not let mexico have free run of our country. That issue right there should be enough for most to vote against Bush. He wants to flood the workforce with very low wage workers to put your ass and mine on the unemployment line. He should wear a price tag on him in public so people could tell how much he was bought for. He's the best corporate president we ever had period.

Where's your compassion? You, being a democrat, should never belittle anyone who needs a handout. Poor Mexicans need someplace to go. Don't try to hold back your fellow man. :( No democrat President ever did. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'd have to agree with you on this. Many Republicans don't agree on this issue. No body's perfect. But because the democrats are such unmitigated liars, I'd be scared to death to have one in the office of the President while we're at war. They'd be giving visas to Osama and his buddies. Hell, they'd even suck up to the Frenchies. :rolleyes:

The same three guys on here are going to go on and on defending Bush to the death, hopefully not yours or mine, but hey, a couple more years and a few hundred more American soldier deaths, and Bush MITE finish what his dad started. Thats the whole drive behind the Bush regime. That and stopping stem cell research, gay marriages, free speech, etc etc. Whatever the religious radicals tell them what to do. So hopefully those of us who enjoy a free society, including those who like to run their mouths on and on and on about how great Bush is, will vote this 'worst president in the history of the US' the hell out of office, and get things back on track. But you 3 keep telling us how it was all Clintons fault, ya know, the 3000 Americans dying....
:rolleyes: Im so sick of seeing your damn post day after day after day, but at least I havd the right to pass by them, leave it to Bush and YOU might not have the right to POST them.

www.howardstern.com

Well, firstly when you get something outta whack or just wrong, why would we think your "facts" have merit?

The war Bush started eh? Implying what exactly? BUSH SR DIDNT DO A DARN THING IN IRAQ.... compared to uh, Clinton. Kuwaitis were all to happy to have our help on that one btw.

"Thats the whole drive behind the Bush regime." Interesting. It was CLINTON, NOT BUSH that set policy to remove SH.

I, and many others can tell you what we dont like about Bush... thats easy. What will ANY alternative candidates DO exactly that YOU like?

Your list looks kinda like this.... I like Kerry better because:
*No more war with Iraq, unless its a democrat - er, wait...
*Bush is the worst president EVAR so it can only get better
*If any soldiers die anywhere we will retreat or let the UN handle it. Kosovo anyone? Mogadishu? Bosnia?
*Stem Cell research
*All gays get to marry! Maybe.
*Free speech! lol.
*Doesnt listen to anyone religious, radical or otherwise. Abortion stance?

S

Smokin'6,

Try this one. Instead of the Trade Towers it is a plane that goes down. The President makes a major anouncement that he is putting the Vice President in charge of making the airlines safer and they start with $300,000,000 for a budget. The Vice President comes back and says we need:

Strict passenger screening.
Every bag matched to a ticketed passenger and the passenger on board.
New explosive screening machines at airports for all baggage.

But then it comes back the wife of the senior Senator of the party is the lobbyist for the airlines. And that after the plane crash the airlines are afraid of losing additional passengers if the new measures are put in place.

The Vice President aggrees and the costly measures will not be put in place. Within 10 days three airlines make contributions to the Presidents reelection, including two represented by the Senator's wife. Within the next six months the airlines contribute over $450,000 to the party of the President.

The year is 1996. The plane was Flight 800.

So just keep saying it was President Bush's fault. You can not rewrite history.

Originally posted by chevyII
1.not let mexico have free run of our country. That issue right there should be enough for most to vote against Bush.
I've never heard Kerry address this issue, however I doubt what you say in this regard. Kerry (being one of the most liberal Senators) needs Mexican votes just like GWB so don't expect him to seal the border either.

President Bush should do what the President did in 1996..........he gave them green cards in time to get ready for the elections. Have you forgotten the amnesty program?

When I first started reading this thread, I was angry. Now I’m laughing my ass off.
The ignorance being displayed here is monumental. But then again I have to consider the sources, Republicans and Democrats. You boys are pathetic! Name calling is really going to solve the issues at hand. You must be a Republican if you are conservative and you must be a Democrat if you are liberal. This country is going down the toilet and all you can do is insult each other. You haven’t even addressed the real problems, it would take too much thinking on your part. As Homer would say, Doh!

What do you think the real reason was for the U.S. invading Iraq? Obviously it wasn’t about WMD’S or Hussein being a threat to the U.S. What was the real reason or reasons?
Could it have been about power and money?
Why is their so much hatred between the Democrats and Republicans? Aren’t we all American’s?
Does Bush or Kerry really care about the middle class or what really happens to this country economically or spiritually? Bush came from a rich family and was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Kerry married into money and has millions of dollars. Do you really think they care about us?
Why all the name calling, what are they really afraid of?
I’M RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG, I’M BETTER THAN YOU, MY DADDY’S BETTER THAN YOURS! Sound familiar, that went out in kindergarten. We are being treated like children and they are acting like children.
I can go on and on but what’s the point, no one here really cares or do they? It’s for certain the politicians don’t give a damn. When you retire, how much money will you have saved or how much will social security give you? Ask any Senator or Congressman about their retirement…They get their full salary for the rest of their lives…Sounds like a place to start cutting the excess fat. What ever happened to TERM LIMITS and NO SPECIAL INTERESTS GROUPS? We are a country that is being controlled by BIG BUSINESS and they sure as heck don’t give a damn about us. They love it when we call each other names and blame each other for the problems our country is facing. Its called misdirection, keeps the focus off of them. They send our jobs overseas, they import products from other countries and sell it to us at a huge profit. They buy and manipulate our politicians to vote for their needs. How much money do they need? Why are we so dependent on middle eastern oil? Who built the oil fields in the middle east? Why haven’t we been seriously looking for alternative energy sources? Why, because big business would lose too much money and power! They don’t care that we are poisoning our environment, I used the E word, I must be a Tree Hugger!
No, I have children and care about their future. Answer some of these questions and maybe just maybe there can be a useful debate of our differences carried on here or maybe what they say about gearheads is really true.
Yes I live in California, no I’m not a Democrat, yes I served in Vietnam, I enlisted! I just happen to care more about my country than I do for all this political rhetoric. Grow up Children!

At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to spiritual faith;

From spiritual faith to great courage;

From courage to liberty;

From liberty to abundance;

From abundance to complacency;

From complacency to apathy;

From apathy to dependence;

From dependence back into bondage."

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent Presidential election:

Population of counties won by:

Gore=127 million

Bush=143 million

Square miles of land won by:

Gore=580,000

Bush=2,2427,000

States won by:

Gore=19

Bush=29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:

Gore=13.2

Bush=2.1

Professor Olson adds:

"In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare..."

Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "apathy" and "complacency" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy; with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

It was 1987.

Lt. Col. Oliver North
testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.
There was Ollie in front of God and Country getting the 3rd degree, but what
he said was stunning. He was being drilled by a Senator: "Did you not
recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

> Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, sir."

> The Senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience. "Isn't
that just a little excessive?"

> "No, sir," continued Ollie.

> "No? And why not?" the Senator asked.

> "Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

> "Threatened? By whom?" the Senator questioned.

> "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

> "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

> "His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

> At this point the Senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce
it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people
laughed at the attempt. Then the Senator continued. "Why are you so afraid
of this man" the Senator asked.

> "Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie
answered.

> "And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the Senator.

> "Wll, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be
formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth." The Senator
disagreed with this approach and that was all that was shown of the clip.

> By the way, the Senator was Al Gore.

> ALSO:

> Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The
Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement
with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called
"political prisoners".

> However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands. The
American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State,
Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released. Thus Mohammad
Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into
Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the
American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.

> It was censored in the US from all later reports.

Originally posted by LikeMy6
It was 1987.

Lt. Col. Oliver North
testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.
> "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

> "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

> "His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

That actually isn't true. Oliver North Said Abu Nidal and not Osama Bin Ladin.

And now for the rest of the story. Where was Abu Nidal found dead last year?

Bagdad of course, where he'd been living under the protection of Saddam Hussein for years. Saddam may have not had anything to do with 9/11, but you can't say "Saddam didn't have anything to do with international terrorism"

Well you could, but you'd be a dumbass.

Originally posted by We4ster
When I first started reading this thread, I was angry. Now I’m laughing my ass off.
snip

Uh, yer offering opinion as fact. Just keep laughing its easier.

LikeMy6,

Your reference to Tyler's prediction isn't accurate. Click here and read what Snopes says about this internet legend.

Your information about Oliver North's testimony regarding a security system is another internet legend and completely false. You can find out the real story here.

Im a Democrat bla bla bla, Repulican bla bla bla. CNN said this, Fox news said that. Can any of you see through the BS their all lying to you to satisfy there own agenda. Repulicans call the Democrats whiney if they dare question them, hey remeber Kenith Star and the millions of dollars spent to delve into someones sex life? Now theres a commision to play monday morning quarterback on Bush (though at least its a real issue), Listen If there had been a "preemptive" strike before 9/11 there would have been riots. On the same token if clarke's book was just against Clinton's terrorist policy the Repulicans would be applauding it. hipocrits one and all.

Oh yea, just my opinion for the record terrorist networks operate using individual cells, killing one man or bombing a city won't stop them, thats just a show for us folks at home.

Thanks for clearing all that up guys.
heres ollies reply.

FROM THE DESK OF LTCOL OLIVER L. NORTH (USMC) RET.
NOVEMBER 28, 2001
OVER THE COURSE OF THE LAST SEVERAL WEEKS, I HAVE RECEIVED SEVERAL THOUSAND E-MAILS FROM EVERY STATE IN THE U.S. AND 13 FOREIGN COUNTRIES IN WHICH THE ORIGINATOR PURPORTS TO HAVE RECENTLY VIEWED A VIDEOTAPE OF MY SWORN TESTIMONY BEFORE A CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE IN 1987.

A COPY OF ONE OF THOSE E-MAILS IS ATTACHED BELOW. AS YOU WILL NOTE, THE ORIGINATOR ATTRIBUTES TO ME CERTAIN STATEMENTS REGARDING USAMA BIN LADEN AND OTHER MATTERS THAT ARE SIMPLY INACCURATE. THOUGH I WOULD LIKE TO CLAIM THE GIFT OF PROPHESY, I DON'T HAVE IT.

I DON'T KNOW WHO SAW WHAT VIDEO "AT UNC." (OR ANYWHERE ELSE) BUT, FOR THE RECORD, HERE'S WHAT I DO KNOW:

1. IT WAS THE COMMITTEE COUNSEL, JOHN NIELDS, NOT A SENATOR WHO WAS DOING THE QUESTIONING.

2. THE SECURITY SYSTEM, INSTALLED AT MY HOME, JUST BEFORE I MADE A VERY SECRET TRIP TO TEHRAN, COST, ACCORDING TO THE COMMITTEE, $16K, NOT $60K.

3. THE TERRORIST WHO THREATENED TO KILL ME IN 1986, JUST BEFORE THAT SECRET TRIP TO TEHRAN, WAS NOT USAMA BIN LADEN, IT WAS ABU NIDAL (WHO WORKS FOR THE LIBYANS — NOT THE TALIBAN AND NOT IN AFGHANISTAN).

4. I NEVER SAID I WAS AFRAID OF ANYBODY. I DID SAY THAT I WOULD BE GLAD TO MEET ABU NIDAL ON EQUAL TERMS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BUT THAT I WAS UNWILLING TO HAVE HIM OR HIS OPERATIVES MEET MY WIFE AND CHILDREN ON HIS TERMS.

5. I DID SAY THAT THE TERRORISTS INTERCEPTED BY THE FBI ON THE WAY TO MY HOUSE IN FEB. 87 TO KILL MY WIFE, CHILDREN AND ME WERE LIBYANS, DISPATCHED FROM THE PEOPLE'S COMMITTEE FOR LIBYAN STUDENTS IN MCLEAN, VIRGINIA.

6. AND I DID SAY THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAD MOVED MY FAMILY OUT OF OUR HOME TO A MILITARY BASE (CAMP LEJEUNE, NC) UNTIL THEY COULD DISPATCH MORE THAN 30 AGENTS TO PROTECT MY FAMILY FROM THOSE TERRORISTS (BECAUSE A LIBERAL FEDERAL JUDGE HAD ALLOWED THE LYBIAN ASSASSINS TO POST BOND AND THEY FLED).

7. AND, FYI: THOSE FEDERAL AGENTS REMAINED AT OUR HOME UNTIL I RETIRED FROM THE MARINES AND WAS NO LONGER A "GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL." BY THEN, THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT HAD SPENT MORE THAN $2M PROTECTING THE NORTH FAMILY. THE TERRORISTS SENT TO KILL US WERE NEVER RE-APPREHENDED.

SEMPER FIDELIS,
OLIVER L. NORTH