More KR with powerplate?

dthrock

Before putting in the powerplate I would do about 14 to 15 psi of boost without knock. I put in the PP and now its knocking at around 12 psi. So what have I screwed up. I know the plate shouldnt cause it to knock more so I figured Ive done something wrong.

I have one in the GN and can run 2 or 3 more psi of boost with it so I know they work. Since it only goes in one way I know thats not it, I replaced both gaskets with the ones from the plate. As far as I can tell I have everthing back the way it was. Im a bit stumped.

Dave

Are you running EGR and drilled out the hole in the power plate?

Maybe a vacuum leak? Knocked off a hose?

Stretching it, maybe the better air distribution uncovered a weakness in one cylinder - injector or ignition? That more of a guess than fact!

Yes I drilled out the EGR hole. I checked the hoses and nothing obvious.

Originally posted by mark b
Are you running EGR and drilled out the hole in the power plate?

Maybe a vacuum leak? Knocked off a hose?

Stretching it, maybe the better air distribution uncovered a weakness in one cylinder - injector or ignition? That more of a guess than fact!

Put some octane in it to see if your KR problem goes away. If not,
Spray vacuum lines and vacuum block down to reveal a possible
leak.

HTH
Bo

I am one of the few that have had more knock with the pp installed. I put it on and it knocked at a lower boost level than it normally did. I pulled it off it is now sitting in the grarage.

Was thinking of selling my old injectors,chip,and pp as a package. Don't need it. I'm running 19 now with 0 knock with just a phenolic resin spacer.

My belief is that on a stock untouched car it may pay dividends once you go to a larger injector/turbo it just becomes a bigger restriction...............

Then what do I know!!!!:D I'm a rookie