More fishing pics...feel free to add.

Mike T

Don't know if we have any fisherman here but I thought I'd share this photo of a bass that my 17 year old son caught. He's loves fishing...... the bass are catch and release but everything else is fillet and release:)

Feel free to add anything you guys have caught.

brandon bass.jpg

Don't know if we have any fisherman here but I thought I'd share this photo of a bass that my 17 year old son caught. He's loves fishing...... the bass are catch and release but everything else is fillet and release:)

Feel free to add anything you guys have caught.

View attachment 274146
Nice! How much did it weigh?

Not sure what the kids weighed it with but they say it was only 9 pounds.

Dayuuum....that is great Mike. I bet your son had a great time catching that beauty !!!

Yes he did...the location is behind an older couples home that my son has been given access to and in turn he does small chores for them.

Nice Bass! I love bass fishing, but being in Northern VA I'm going to try and target snakehead in the Potomac tributaries this year.

That is a nice bass your son caught. I'm sure he had a blast.
Here are a few from two recent trips.
12661817_10105378175125965_8383785302453705376_n.jpg

Everyone wanted to get in this pic. Yellow Fin Tuna.
12814037_2001941273364405_6271276844518276280_n.jpg

A couple of Red Snapper. These were HOGS. That is a 150 qt ice chest.
image3_zpssiaf5cso.jpg

Amberjack. I took this pic to promote the lure. Striker Tackle provided me with it at no charge but I had to post a pic on The Hull Truth website of the lure with the catch. Is this the beginning of my sponsorships?
image7_zpscwdyxs7o.jpg

This is one of those hog Red Snappers with the lure to keep up my end of the sponsorship deal. :D

Last edited:
We went out on a small charter for Mothers Day and did pretty good.....total of six people on the boat.

Lots of trigger fish and various species of snapper. One of the triggers that we brought home was 7 pounds.

IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG
IMG_1968.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG

I'm very jealous of you guys right now. I haven't had the time to go. Either the weather is crap or I just don't have the time. I've been tying flies when I get the chance and they're building up so I've got plenty. All the spawns are over right now so I'll be trying my new to me kayak trying to hunt down some fun when I get some time.

We really haven't had the time either. It took 6 months for this trip to come together.

A kayak sounds fun for close to shore fishing.... although I've seen guys a couple of miles out in the ocean before.