more accurate Pl or boost gage

the 3 bar MAP sensors are made in Mexico (or perhaps China now), by the lowest bidder.

The autometer gauges are made in China (I think) by the lowest bidder.

I wouldn't trust either of them until you find out for sure.

but, make sure your barometer setting in the PL is correct as it will change the boost reading.

what is your altitude?

are they off all over or just at higher boost?

where is the boost gauge connected, and which one reads higher Autometer or PL.

Post a log.

Bob

ill double check the pl settings again not sure the altitude in las vegas and the auto meter is tyed into line that goes to map. I did it when I set it up the auto meter is high one. its off quiet abit the sm and pl are both showing different # last pass was pl 14.3 sm 16.2 and auto meter was over 20. I just went back and even when I turned up the psi on the regulator the pl stayed at 14.3? the sm # changes as well as the auto meter .

Add a fuel pressure transducer and see what you get. I have one installed and the fuel pressure transducer agrees well with the MAP sensor.

The old VDO boost gauge reads a little bit low.

KOEO, zero the PL. Read voltage on PL for the MAP. What does it say?
Could also be a flaky ground or leaking hose @ boost. Just throwing out some ideas to try.

My Pl and auto meter gage reading about 4 lbs off Wich one should I pay attention to
Get a quality map sensor. The AEM are really nice and are accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had another 2 bar map laying round (I know I need 3 bar) replaced all vac lines sm and gage read 17 pl still 14 how are the pl and sm different if they both read the map?

Get a quality map sensor. The AEM are really nice and are accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you use the AEM 30-2130-50 to replace the 3 bar GM MAP sensor included in the Alkycontrol kit?

had another 2 bar map laying round (I know I need 3 bar) replaced all vac lines sm and gage read 17 pl still 14 how are the pl and sm different if they both read the map?

can you post a logfile?

PL and scanmaster (when fed from the PL) use the same data, so they should be the same.

also let me know what software versions you have (PL and PLC)

and, furthermore, a 2bar sensor tops out around 15 psi. you need a 3 bar sensor.

Bob

Elevation in Vegas is ~2000 FT, in the lower parts. I would use 2200.

So the PL doesn't use the key-on Baro calibration from the ECM? Just curious.

my new boost controller comes with a 4 bar map should be here today after I get it installed and I can go log ill post up results

hmm, thats a new one. post a log, but I will need to tweak the software to support it...

B

my map was off a bit because i was using the 5v from the dash(original map power supply)turned out i had 4.7v.it gave me a false reading.changed to the tps voltage which was 5.01 and was right on.
FIXED

bob I was going to ask under map on the pl its 2,3,or 5 bar so will I have to run 3 bar for pl and the 4 bar for the gage? or is there a was to just run the 4 bar

I need to update the PL for that sensor, then there will be a 4 bar selection.

for now it doesn't really matter, I just need the data. I would set it to 3.5bar

what I need are a couple data points: volts on the F3 page of PLC, and the boost/bar/vacuum reading on the Innovate.

Bob

I got it installed today but only made 1 test before I had to go to work im using a 3 bar map now for the pl and finale all three are reading the same psi soon as I get it dialed in ill send you a log bob