Modified Stock Shifter

87GNasty

I have read a couple people who have a plate or detent modified in their stock shifter to make it more of like a aftermarket shifter.

Where can i get this or some more information.

I tried searching, and came up with a couple links of it mentioned but not who or where to buy it.

Thanks

Rob

Mine came with a T-brake kit from Art Carr. From OD, you can pull back to 3-2, then STOPS. You have to press the button to go into 1st. When you go forward from 1st, the shifter will stop in 3rd gear. You need to press the button to get back to OD. Keeps you from going into OD by accident atr the strip I guess. I'm not that spaztic that I can't control my arm enough to stay out of OD, but anyway, it's there if you need it.

I was going to make one to hook up to a turbo 400, using the stock shifter. We'll see??

Oh, it has modified "cut-outs" that a guide follows. The button, lowers the guide to go past "walls/stops".

one last question........

how does it work going from 1st to second or third?

it mentions that the button has to be pressed to go into overdrive and all the others, but if im in 1st and i throw it forward, does it stop at second?

or does it go right to third?

Thanks
Rob

one last question........

how does it work going from 1st to second or third?

it mentions that the button has to be pressed to go into overdrive and all the others, but if im in 1st and i throw it forward, does it stop at second?

or does it go right to third?

Thanks
Rob

It operates like the stock shifter up to 3rd gear. To get overdrive, neutral, reverse & park you have to depress the button. It works good for me, i let the car shift into second on it's own & then just bump the lever forward for 3rd. It's a slick piece that every Turbo Buick should have. ;)

It operates like the stock shifter up to 3rd gear. To get overdrive, neutral, reverse & park you have to depress the button. It works good for me, i let the car shift into second on it's own & then just bump the lever forward for 3rd. It's a slick piece that every Turbo Buick should have. ;)

darn

im looking for something like this........

WHEN YOU WANT TO GO THRU GEARS MANUALLY IT WILL GO FROM 1 ST GEAR TO SECOND WITH A TAP AND NOT MISS SECOND

PUSHING IN SHIFTER BUTTON AS YOU MOVE SHIFT LEVER WILL ALLOW YOU TO GO TO 3 RD GEAR FROM SECOND GEAR ( WILL NOT GO TO 3RD GEAR FROM 2ND WITHOUT DEPRESSING BUTTON )

OVERDRIVE JUST MOVE AS NORMAL

any ideas?